Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Revised Itinerary 2016/10/2 16:50
My post about 2 weeks ago
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+149653

I'm not sure if I should keep my original itinerary or change it to this. When I was planning out my days on where to go and what to see I thought I could fit everything in but I'm not sure with the original one. I have more must see/do's than I realized. I originally had Kanazawa (1 night) and Takayama (2 nights) then changed it to 2 nights for the former and 1 night for the latter. These days would have been my more relaxed/regroup moment. Also by axing out Kanazawa/Takayama gives me a reason to make a return trip to Japan maybe the following year to do those cities/towns and other places.

Day 01 Thurs – Flight from home to Tokyo
Day 02 Fri – Arrive NRT about 13:25, stay in Shinjuku (site see Shinjuku/Shibuya area)
Day 03 Sat – Tokyo (maybe Disney Sea with friend & her family who leaves next day if not will site see Western Tokyo)
Day 04 Sun – Tokyo to Hiroshima/Miyajima *must (originally planned to go to Kanazawa)
Day 05 Mon – Hiroshima/Miyajima to Kyoto (originally day in Kanazawa) (Nijo Castle, Gion, Pontocho Alley)
Day 06 Tues – Kyoto (day trip to Osaka – Universal Studios *must) (originally Kanazawa to Takayama)
Day 07 Wed – Kyoto (day trip to Himeji and Osaka *must) (Originally Takayama to Kyoto)
Day 08 Thurs – Kyoto (Arashiyama route as suggested on site *must)
Day 09 Fri – Kyoto (early morning Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine, then on to Nara *must)
Day 10 Sat – Kyoto (Eastern Kyoto route as suggested on site)
Day 11 Sun – Kyoto (more site seeing, others not listed or maybe do a day trip to Kobe)
Day 12 Mon – Kyoto to Tokyo (staying in Shinjuku area) OR Kyoto to Hakone
Day 13 Tues – Tokyo (Originally Kyoto to Tokyo) OR Hakone to Tokyo (this would have been a day trip to Hakone if not overnighting on day 12)
Day 14 Wed – Tokyo (Day trip to Nikko)
Day 15 Thurs – Tokyo (Disney Sea *must if not doing on Day 3, if doing this on Day 3 this day will be day trip to Kamakura and Yokohama)
Day 16 Fri – Tokyo (Asakusa, Odaiba *must)
Day 17 Sat – Tokyo (Western Tokyo minus Shinjuku/Shibuya)
Day 18 Sun -Tokyo (Shinjuku area, last minute shopping), back home, flight leave HND 19:30

All hotels have been booked for original itinerary (with free cancellation/modify so I can make changes). I would like to get things finalized before Holiday season (so I can budget for Holidays and put aside for the trip). Also the 6-8 weeks prior to my trip I will be busy at work and highly doubt I will have time to plan things out.

14 day JR Pass
Should I activate when leaving NRT on Day 02 (arrival day) and get a Tokyo Wide Pass or a Suica/Pasmo ic card for end of trip.
OR
Activate JR Pass on Day 04 to Hiroshima and use IC card for days before/after the 14 day pass.

Is the changes okay, or should I axe out certain day trips? Keep previous itinerary? Do this one with some tweaks?
by hibell77  

Re: Revised Itinerary 2016/10/3 17:07
OR keep something similar to my original with some switching cities around

Day 01 Thurs HNL-NRT
Day 02 Fri arrive Tokyo NRT 13:30
Day 03 Sat Tokyo
Day 04 Sun Tokyo to Kyoto
Day 05 Mon Kyoto
Day 06 Tues Kyoto
Day 07 Wed Kyoto
Day 08 Thur Kyoto
Day 09 Fr Kyoto