Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Revised 7-day Japan itinerary 2016/10/3 11:19
Hi,

I've revised the itinerary mentioned in a previous thread (http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+148906) and come up with this schedule:

Day 1: Arrive at Kansai Airport at around 7am. After dropping off luggage at the hotel, go visit Todaiji, Byodoin and Fushimi Inari shrine. Stay in Osaka for 4 nights.
Day 2: Visit Ginkakuji, Kinkakuji, and Toei Studio Park.
Day 3: Visit Himeji Castle and Korakuen Garden (Okayama).
Day 4: Go to Hiroshima. Visit Miyajima island.
Day 5: Take Shinkansen Hikari train early in the morning to Tokyo. Visit Tokyo Skytree, Akihabara, and do some shopping.
Day 6: Go to Nikko. Visit Toshogu shrine, Futarasan shrine, Taiyuinbyo, Shoyoen garden. Go back to Tokyo. Visit Odaiba.
Day 7: Do some last-minute shopping. Go to Narita Airport in the afternoon. End of journey.

I'd like to have some opinions about the schedule above. Thank you very much.
by Positron Reflector  

Re: Revised 7-day Japan itinerary 2016/10/3 14:46
That schedule is very, very busy. I'd advise slowing it down a bit so you can actually enjoy the places you're visiting, instead of being concerned about making it to the next spot.

I notice that you're not actually seeing any sights in Osaka, so why stay there? Kyoto might be a better choice since you're actually visiting sights there.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Revised 7-day Japan itinerary 2016/10/3 15:36
You need to delete on location per day to make it work. Sorry.

Day 2 and 3 might just work. But since you are moving at the speed of light on the other days. Even 8 hours days will seem long.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Revised 7-day Japan itinerary 2016/10/3 15:51
About Osaka, we plan to explore the business areas (like Dotonbori) and shopping centers during night time.

About Day 4, we intend to go to Miyajima right after reaching Hiroshima station.

I considered Byodoin because it's between Todaiji and Fushimi Inari, but I think I'll pass that.
by Positron Reflector rate this post as useful

Re: Revised 7-day Japan itinerary 2016/10/3 16:57
So, you are skipping Kiyomizu, Gion, Arashiyama and Oku-Nikko. Right?
by Luisjp rate this post as useful

Re: Revised 7-day Japan itinerary 2016/10/3 17:32
Yeah, I don't intend to go to those places to begin with.

Re: Revised 7-day Japan itinerary 2016/10/3 17:54
Also, the reason we want to stay in Osaka instead of Kyoto is due to the abundance of trains, hence easier to move around and estimate the journey time compared to Kyoto, which relies heavily on buses.

We don't have many things we want to do in Tokyo other than visiting Tokyo Skytree, Gundam Front in Odaiba, and intend to spend the spare time going through areas like Akihabara and Shibuya to do some shopping.

FYI, we plan to use the Japan Rail Pass throughout the journey, and use the ICOCA card wherever the pass is not applicable (like the subways).

reply to this thread