Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Affordable non-ryokans in Lake Kawaguchiko 2016/10/3 16:18
Hi all,

I'm going to Lake Kawaguchiko in Dec and realized that all the ryokans are so expensive! I will be staying for 2 nights at a Hakone ryokan, and for the 3rd night I am looking for something more affordable. But have to be clean cos there are young children in my group.
Does anyone has recommendation? Are there any normal western hotels around (without onsen = cheaper maybe?)

Thx!!
by Max (guest)  

Re: Affordable non-ryokans in Lake Kawaguchiko 2016/10/3 19:21
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Affordable non-ryokans in Lake Kawaguchiko 2016/10/3 19:21
There is one near Fujisan station. http://www.fuyokaku.com/
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Affordable non-ryokans in Lake Kawaguchiko 2016/10/3 23:00
This place is not just a hostel - they also have nice private rooms. The main problem is availability here.....

http://kshouse.jp/fuji-e/index.html

by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Affordable non-ryokans in Lake Kawaguchiko 2016/10/4 18:02
You travel in large groups. It will just cost more. And ryokans cost more again.

Even the western style hotels cost a mint in Kawaguchiko. IF you find one for under 30,000 yen a night that can do 2A + 2C, let me know. haha
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Affordable non-ryokans in Lake Kawaguchiko 2016/10/4 18:34
Does anyone has recommendation? Are there any normal western hotels around (without onsen = cheaper maybe?)

Just checked rakuten and see lots of affordable options. Note that the town area south of Lake Kawaguchiko tends to be more affordable, especially compared to row of higher end ryokan along the northeastern shore.

Hakata14, you should check rakuten too. Not sure your travel dates, but I'm seeing lots of options that fit your criteria.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Affordable non-ryokans in Lake Kawaguchiko 2016/10/4 18:56
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Affordable non-ryokans in Lake Kawaguchiko 2016/10/5 06:13
Sal1980-

Some great options there. I'll investigate a little further. Only had a quick glance at them. They seem a little far away from the Railway station. Will have to investigate transport options. Thanks for the links provided. Have you used buses or taxis to access these locations? Thanks.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Affordable non-ryokans in Lake Kawaguchiko 2016/10/5 09:09
There are three or four inexpensive hotels next to Kawaguchiko and Fujisan stations, and about a dozen more just a short taxi/bus ride away. Not so much around the other stations, but there's little reason to stay that far out either.

If you're not finding anything, or anything inexpensive then you might be looking too far out in the future or during the high seasons.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread