Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tourist visa re-entry questions 2016/10/4 15:32
Hi! I just have a few questions regarding my multiple-entry tourist visa which is valid for a 15 day stay. I just want to make sure before I make my holiday plans permanent.

I bought a ticket for my Japan trip this upcoming November 7-17 long ago, which falls within the 15 day validity so I have no problems with it. The problem is, my friend is suddenly getting married in Japan on October 30, so she requested that I visit her so I reserved a ticket for October 29 - November 1 just for the occassion. Will I have problems if I do that (Exit Japan November 1, then come back on November 7)? I'm afraid that they might have like some sort of limit on how often you can re-enter within a time period or something. I just want to make sure.

Also, my visa expires on March 2017. Does a Japan visa have some rule, like for example your passport says it expires November but you have to renew it 6 months before it expires. Does the visa have a rule like that? Will I still be able to use my visa this November 2016 with no problems?

Thanks a lot!
by Lev (guest)  

Re: Tourist visa re-entry questions 2016/10/5 10:53
Have you tried contacting your local Japanese embassy? They will provide the best information.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa re-entry questions 2016/10/5 10:58
I'm having a hard time contacting our Japanese embassy directly because in our country, we are not allowed to get our visa directly from the embassy. We have appointed travel agencies to get it for us. So I asked the travel agency where I got the visa from, and they weren't quite sure of the answer like their answers range from "maybe" to "I guess". I told them to ask the embassy but they haven't gotten back to me in a week so that's why I decided to ask here if anyone has done it :)
by Lev (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa re-entry questions 2016/10/5 11:04
You'll probably want to specify your country of residence, then.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa re-entry questions 2016/10/5 11:16
Oh sorry about that, I'm from the Philippines!

Re: Tourist visa re-entry questions 2016/10/5 12:21
Try to call or email the Japan embassy in your country of residence.
by Moccy rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa re-entry questions 2016/10/5 12:27
Multiple-entry means you are allow to use that visa to enter Japan as many times as you like within the visa expiry date.

Although the Immigration at the airport may question the frequencies of your visit, and it is up to their discretion whether to let you in or not. So it is wise to have something to prove that you will not misuse the visa, such as having a return ticket ready etc.

As far as I know there are no such rule. You can use your visa as long as it is not expired. You can even enter Japan on the expire date itself, but then again it is up to Immigration to have the final say.
I used my visa right up to 3days before expire date and had not encounter any problem.

But then again certain country citizen may have some "discrimination" or "profiling".
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa re-entry questions 2016/10/5 13:37
Thank you for the response!

Yes I have my tickets prepared along with my accommodations so I hope I will have no problem with immigration. I have traveled multiple times to Japan before already but this is my first time traveling there twice in a short time span that's why I'm not sure about the rules. I can show them my previous stamps and I've always returned on time.

About the visa, yes it makes sense now especially when I think about it, single entry visas expire in 2 months and they still accept it.

Thanks again!

reply to this thread