Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to book hotel to Lake Towada? 2016/10/6 22:23
Hello, we are travelling to Aomori in early November. I would like to know where is the best place to book a hotel, so we can travel short to Lake Towada and Oirase ?
Thank you so much
by Elana (guest)  

Re: where to book hotel to Lake Towada? 2016/10/7 10:51
There will be no bus service in November. The access from Hachinohe is more flat then the approach from Aomori, which are the two larger cities close to Towada. I don't know if winter driving is something you've done in the past.
by Z (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: where to book hotel to Lake Towada? 2016/10/7 11:01
There is bus service by JR Towada bus until the 13th of November. If you are going by then, you should be fine. I went in May, when I thought it would be crowded, and it was nearly empty. I have done both routes by bus from Aomori and Hachinohe. I've stayed at Toyoko Inn hotels in either city and the buses leave from the JR stations in each city.

I am sure there are places closer to Towada and also around the lake, but I didn't use them.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: where to book hotel to Lake Towada? 2016/10/7 11:28
z and to John b. , thank you very much for taking time to reply .

I am travelling to Lake Towada on Oct 30 thru Nov 1. Is it too late to see autumn leaves and colors?

Thank you
by Elana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: where to book hotel to Lake Towada? 2016/10/7 12:00
I went October 13th, so I cannot tell you if your dates are too late. The leaves hadn't turned when I went.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: where to book hotel to Lake Towada? 2016/10/7 12:11

we are travelling to Aomori in early November. I would like to know where is the best place to book a hotel, so we can travel short to Lake Towada and Oirase ?

Best Hotel for visiting both Lake Towada and Oirase , IMO, would be Oirase Keiryu Hotel.
I stayed at this hotel May this year, and was told late OCT would usually be best time to enjoy koyo in the area.

http://www.oirase-keiryuu.jp/en/
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to book hotel to Lake Towada? 2016/10/7 13:26

Thank you John b and shinji -- you've been very helpful.

safe travels to you!
by Elana (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread