Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Affordable luggage storage at station 2016/10/7 10:22
Hi I am planning to visit Tokyo and Hakone soon and when I depart for Hakone I wish to store my luggage at Tokyo for 3.5 days.

I will depart for Hakone at 6/11 morning and coming back to Tokyo at 9/11 afternoon. I heard a lot of people says coin locker at major station will clear my luggage after 3 days if I store it there. So my question is where can I store my luggage for ~3.5 days, preferably at Shinjuku station. I saw this http://www.sagawa-exp.co.jp/ttk/english/service/tenimotsu.html but its not displaying prices for Shinjuku centre.

Anyone has similar experiences?
by steven90  

Re: Affordable luggage storage at station 2016/10/7 14:57
Are you staying at the same hotel? They might keep it for you.

If not, consider using the luggage forwarding system, takkyubin. They can hold your luggage for up to seven days before delivery. You could send it the day you leave for Hakone, and meet it again when you return to Tokyo.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Affordable luggage storage at station 2016/10/7 21:33
I am not staying at any hotels, I am opting for Airbnb.
by steven90 rate this post as useful

Re: Affordable luggage storage at station 2016/10/7 23:47
We are thinking about lugguage too. We stay with AirBnb both in Tokyo and Osaka . We need storage for 7 days. Hope we can solve lugguage problem with takubin (???)😀
by Ekaterina71 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Affordable luggage storage at station 2016/10/8 01:12
That's one of the problems with AirBnB. You'll have to figure it out on your own. AirBnB is not well regulated either, so I hope you don't get into a bad situation.
by >< (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Affordable luggage storage at station 2016/10/8 14:06
Takkyubin can be sent from service centres or convenience stores, and received at service centres.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread