Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tips for handling the rain during vacation? 2016/10/14 17:14
We are going to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto from 10/17-10/28. There is slight rain the forecast.

Any suggestions or tips on alternative things to do on rainy days?

I can't imagine walking in crowded areas bumping umbrellas. How do the locals deal with rain?!
by jolieqe  

Re: Tips for handling the rain during vacation? 2016/10/14 20:03
My experience of it is that everyone just gets on with life and bumps umbrellas, sorry. Try to walk in underground passageways (e.g. the substantial area below Shinjuku) to avoid it if you can, but really I suggest buying an umbrella and not letting rain ruin your plans.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Tips for handling the rain during vacation? 2016/10/14 20:39
Buy an umbrella from a combini and carry on as usual. If there is heavy rain when you are in Osaka then the aquarium is very good.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Tips for handling the rain during vacation? 2016/10/14 20:46
i just tell you one word:
Onsen
:-)
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Tips for handling the rain during vacation? 2016/10/15 05:44
Go photograph temples/shrines. You will have to hold umbrella in one hand and operate camera with the other. Rain adds extra mystic quality in my opinion to temples/shrines.
by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tips for handling the rain during vacation? 2016/10/15 08:27
...and that's also how my first expensive camera got broken :-)
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Tips for handling the rain during vacation? 2016/10/15 15:44
Watch out for Chinese carrying their umbrellas. Cos they ain't watching out for you.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread