Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where do you buy your salaryman clothes? 2016/10/18 10:04
Hi forum,

I'm starting a new job soon and need some business clothes, but I'm struggling to find good fitting slacks. I have slightly wider shoulders and torso than the average japanese, but really slim legs (I know, I need to hit the gym). I've seen really thin Japanese wearing very nice fitting slim pants, but I can't seem to find them or maybe I'm not asking for the right thing at stores. I recently bought a pair of slacks at sakazen. They recommended me the "stretch" type, and even thought they looked oversized to me when I tried them on, they said they would look ok once they were cut and adjusted to my height. I was not happy with the end result, leg is still too wide and looks oversized on me.

In conclusion:
Any recommendation on stores where I might find what I'm looking for? Not looking for pricey or very fashionably clothes, just normal business attire.

Bonus points: My torso/legs ratio is about 40:60, so I benefit greatly from low-rise pants (to make torso look longer and legs shorter), but I know these are difficult to find, especially in formal clothing. But if you know where to find, let me know!
by Butabara (guest)  

Re: Where do you buy your salaryman clothes? 2016/10/18 17:01
well, Sakazen is a plus size clothes shop so maybe not your best choice for trousers if your legs are slim. Have you tried Aoki or Aoyama? Or even PSFA which usually has better cut.
by krr (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where do you buy your salaryman clothes? 2016/10/18 17:58
You can find these shops everywhere.
http://www.konaka-jp.com/
http://www.y-aoyama.jp/
You can check nearest shop on their websites.

by Parthkun rate this post as useful

Re: Where do you buy your salaryman clothes? 2016/10/18 21:52
Ask the clerk for "tight pants" and let him help you in the fitting room.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread