Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 Day Itenary in Kyoto 2016/10/18 21:58
Hi There I will go to Kyoto in 1 day ,

I'm confused regarding my itennary , from Arashimaya - Kikakuji Templer which place is better for my next visit ?

Fushimi Inari first or Kiyomizu dera ? Since my last place to go in kyoto at night will be Gion.

Thanks
by Yohanes (guest)  

Re: 1 Day Itenary in Kyoto 2016/10/19 10:33
You haven't quoted a start time. But if you do all of Arashiyama and train/bus it to Kinkajuku. IT will be around 3pm by the time you are finished. You wont have much time for more.

And since Gion is the other side of town. A bus at that time will take a hour to get to Gion. So straight to Gion after Kinkajuku.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 Day Itenary in Kyoto 2016/10/22 13:41
If you are trying to see a lot in a short time, then use taxi and not public transportation. Otherwise you won't be able to see all of that in one day.

I would start early at Arashiyama. I used to live in Arashiyama & it is very nice in the early morning before the crowds hit. And for sites in Arashiyama that have an entry fee / time I would hit things as early as possible. Then on to Kinkakuji by taxi.

After that I would take taxi to Fushimi Inari provided you still have time. If short on time I would skip Fushimi -Inari and go from Kinkakuji to Kiyomizu-dera.

When arriving at Kiyomizu-dera hit the temple first & then walk down the hill to see the shops afterward. From there on to Gion.

Also CHECK TO MAKE SURE THAT ALL SITES ARE OPEN ON THE DAY YOU PLAN TO GO ! SOMETIMES SITES ARE CLOSED ON UNUSUAL DAYS.
by Haruden (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread