Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto in January 2016/10/19 00:31
Hi , my family and I will be going to Kyoto in January.
We only have a day and a half to see some sights. Would places like Kenkakuji temple , Arayashima , Bamboo groves still be good to visit during January. Also want to visit Gion. Any suggestions much appreciated and many thanks in advance.
by Mel72  

Re: Kyoto in January 2016/10/19 11:44
For the first one day you can go to Fushimi inari, kinkaku ji, kiyomizu dera and gion. for the next half day you can spend on arashiyama (bamboo, bridge, sagano railway etc).
by Ryuta89 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto in January 2016/10/19 17:58
Thank you very much Ryuta89 for your suggestions and helping me out in the itinerary.
I will do as suggested. Also would you know if the train station near Kinkakuji has coin lockers so we can store our luggage first.
Kind regards.
by Mel72 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto in January 2016/10/23 14:38
There aren't any train stations "close" to Kinkakuji. The closest is the Kitanohakubaicho Station, the terminus on the Keifuku Kitano Line. The Kitanohakubaidho Eki has about 20 shopping bag sized lockers at the entrance - nothing large. Other than that, there is basically just a ticket counter at the entrance and two platforms covered by a roof.

You'd save yourself some trouble if you just went to your hotel first before check-in and leave your bags at the front. Each hotel handles it differently, with some having a room for baggage and others just tossing a net over a pile of suitcases in the lobby. I haven't found one hotel where I couldn't leave my luggage before check-in; I just couldn't check in. You get a claim check to show when you return to check in. Most importantly, you'd be done with hauling luggage for the day.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto in January 2016/10/23 22:29
I think the Sagano Sightseeing Railway does not operate in January (https://www.sagano-kanko.co.jp/english.php).

You may want to explore the above links for more details to confirm case the sightseeing train is on your January itinerary.
by Pinky Moomin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread