Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

where to stay near narita airport 2016/10/28 11:50
I will be leaving on a Thursday morning flight 11am from Narita airport. And I will be coming by car from direction of Kawaguchi-ko on Wednesday.

Hoping to have a more relaxed morning (travelling with two 1-year old toddlers in our family), arrive by 9am at the airport and maybe time for some shopping.

Option 1: To stay near airport (perhaps airport hotels) and return the car on Wednesday night. Take airport shuttle or short ride to airport on Thursday morning. Any recommendations on where to stay?

Option 2: To stay around Narita on Wednesday night and drive to airport and return the car on Thursday morning.

Option 3: To stay somewhere on the fringe of Tokyo city, with convenient train ride to enjoy a short Wednesday evening in Tokyo (and easy drive to airport the next day)? This is mainly for my parents who have not been to tokyo city - not a must and we do not expect to cover much in Tokyo. Drive to airport and return car on Thursday morning. Would the traffic be bad during this timing? Is 90 minutes sufficient for the drive to the airport?

Any recommendations for these options (including which area/hotel to stay) ? Thank you.
by kola (guest)  

Re: where to stay near narita airport 2016/10/28 13:43
Narita town is quite nice (I've stayed at Hotel Richmond) and the temple is pleasant and quite impressive. There is an Okinawan restaurant in town which is awesome.

It you want to treat yourself, we sometimes stay at Tokyo Station Hotel which is a real experience, but make sure you allow at least an hour for breakfast which is quite spectacular (and get it as part of your package because it is pretty exey). Tokyo station hotel is really handy to the airport by the NEX.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: where to stay near narita airport 2016/10/28 15:25
There are quite a lot if hotels in and around the airport and Narita village, including Narita Hilton, Radisson, Marroad, Richmond, Garden view to name a few. Room costs are considerably less than Tokyo. Most run a shuttle bus to the airport,book at the front office., as well as shuttle buses to Narita village. Narita village is a lovely village, some old traditional style stores, and there are two Aeon Malls a short distance away. If you make arrangements and your rental car is from one of the Japanese Rental car companies, i.e. Toyota or Nissan you can leave your rental car with the Narita office of these companies.
I agree with Lazy Pious Tokyo Station Hotel is very convenient especially for the N'Ex and a great experience, but not cheap and often booked out months in advance.

by Love Japan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: where to stay near narita airport 2016/10/28 16:51
Airport Hotel:
Driving around Tokyo and Chiba is possible. Checking out the car on Wednesday is more economical. You could enjoy airplanes from your room.

A stay at Narita:
There are some hotels near JR/Keisei Narita stations. Driving around Tokyo and Chiba and checking out the car on Wednesday are the same. You could visit Naritasan Shinsyoji as early as 6 AM on foot. AEON TOWN Narita Tomisato is also in the walking distance. I mean you could enjoy somewhat ordinary, not-so-touristy, Japanese life here.

A stay in Tokyo.
Avoid a car and use a Keise or JR train to Narita. This is the case when you are not interested in area between Tokyo and Chiba. Checking out the car on Wednesday is the same as the above. You could enjoy Tokyo in this case. Keisei Skyliner is faster than JR NEX. The choice depends on your interests on Tokyo. Skyliner departs from Ueno and Nippori. If you prefer to see mainly Tokyo East. such as Asakusa and Akihabara, take a Skyliner. If in case of Tokyo West, such as Shinjuku and Shibuya, take a NEX from there. Night driving in the heart of the city might be interesting.
by Luisjp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread