Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arima Onsen vs Sake Brewery 2016/11/12 15:12
If I only have less than half a day in Kobe, should I visit Arima Onsen or sake brewery district? I am interested in both, but I wonder which one is a richer and more quality experience for first time visitor to Kobe.
by stelle789  

Re: Arima Onsen vs Sake Brewery 2016/11/21 21:20
Will you have a chance to experience onsen elsewhere while you are in Japan? In my opinion, Arima would require more time, and with the lengthy access it would seem a bit too rushed if you only have less than half a day.
Why not combine the sake district with something closer to downtown Kobe? E.g. the foreign houses quarter (Ijinkan) between the Shin-Kobe and Sannomiya stations, the Chinese quarter, or a walk along the seaside promenade.
The brewery I went to (Hakutsuru, but I suspect the others are similar) had a well done museum on sake history and production, with some free tasting at the end, but do not expect to be able to see the actual production process.
by hikooki rate this post as useful

reply to this thread