Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How long the 'peak color period' in Kyoto? 2016/11/13 16:42
Hi all,

I'll be in Kyoto from 28 Nov to 2 Dec for fall foliage seeing. As I read the color report on Nov 7, some temples around Arashiyama such as Jojakkoji has been starting to change color already, and may be approaching peak soon. So, I'm wondering how long the "peak color period" will stay, and are there still be pretty at my visit time.

Before I planed this trip, I search for the info and found that the golden age of Arashiyama is late November to Early December. I'm afraid this year might be a little early than average year.

Thank you,
CW
by CW (guest)  

Re: How long the 'peak color period' in Kyoto? 2016/11/13 17:49
Depends on the person. The absolute peak of the peak lasts for about a week. Considering the timing of your visit, I think you have good chances to witness it. But to the average tourist, the peak lasts more like 2-3 weeks, as the colors are also quite spectacular outside of the "peak of the peak". Also, the peak differs a little from place to place. I recommend tourists to check latest updates (such as the japan-guide.com autumn color reports) to see where the colors are currently best.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: How long the 'peak color period' in Kyoto? 2016/11/14 08:46
Arashiyama is starting, but still 7-10 days away from peak colours. I'll be back in two weeks (leaving Kyoto this morning) and I expect this season should be quite good.

In the mountains and further north, already past peak.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread