Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice about Nakasendo trail 2016/11/14 06:02
Hi again!

We will stay at Fuki no Mori ryokan close to Nagiso and Tsumago.
They have a shuttle bus to Tsumago town parking at 09 am where they will drop of.
I need your advice about planning our trail. I have read a lots of information about Nakasendo. As I understand the best direction to walk is Magome-Tsumago and not Tsumago-Magome. What should we do with our bags? Is it any lockers at Tsumago? We could leave our backpacks there and take the bus to Magome and walk Magome-Tsumago. After the trail we will go to Takayama so we can take a train from Nagiso.

Have you any ideas what we should do and how we should plan? We have 4 kids with us and the youngest one is 8. We are all in OK condition and like to walk but not to much up hill.
Thank you !
by Ekaterina71  

Re: Advice about Nakasendo trail 2016/11/14 13:19
With younger kids I'd allow about 3 hours. It is quite steep coming up from Magome to the pass, but then a gentle downward slope from there.

There isnt a lot for kids to see or do on the trip. The waterfall is pretty enough, but aside from that it is more a nice bushwalk. I only saw one other person when I did it (it is busier on weekends), and it does get confusing in some places where the trial intersects roads, so take a map.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice about Nakasendo trail 2016/11/14 21:43
Thank you Lazy Pious!
Actually we have walked in Austrian Alpes and kids really loved it. Any icecreams, coce- cola, cokies and they will be fine :-)

Now I Lve got the answer from Fuki No Mori hotel. They advise us to drop luggage at Tourism Information Center in Tsumago and take the bus to Magome. And trail Magome-Tsumago. After that we will take the bus to Nagiso and then go to Takayama.

by Ekaterina71 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread