Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/21 09:31
I will be in Kyoto on the 4/1/17 and catching the Bullet Train to Tokyo on the 8/1/17, do I need to buy the One Way Bullet Train Ticket before I arrive in Japan or I can buy the ticket when I arrive in Kyoto on the 4/1/17. Also what is the price for one way bullet train?
Regards
by Kim (guest)  

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/21 10:14

You might want to consider this:
http://www.jrtours.co.jp/kodama/en/
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/21 10:57
You can't purchase tickets from outside of Japan. Buy it in Japan the the JR ticket counters in major JR stations. You can find prices using Hyperdia (hyperdia.com/en).

Or, consider the discount shinkansen vouchers available from Japanican (Google it).
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/21 11:09
Thank you for your quick respond. Do you think I will have enough time to buy the bullet train ticket on the 4/1/17 at Kyoto station & just to confirm the price for Adult cost is 10100 JPY after the discount?
Regards
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/21 12:49
My mistake - I mixed up the direction you're travelling in. The Japanican voucher is only valid if you leave from Tokyo.

You've read the prices wrong on Hyperdia. You still need to pay the seat fee (for either reserved or unreserved seats, your choice there). The base fare just covers the distance between Kyoto and Tokyo; the seat fee covers the "express" services like shinkansen. You pay the seat fee because you are taking a fast service, and not local trains.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/21 12:55
No big discount ticket for fastest Nozomi/‚Ì‚¼‚Ý.
"Platt Kodama" is the cheapest but only for fixed slowest(all stn stop) Kodama/‚±‚¾‚Ü.
http://ekikara.jp/newdata/line/2301011/up1_3_holi.htm

Small discount(under 10% off) one about 13000Y for Nozomi reserved seat
sales at ticket shop(kinken-shop in JP) near Kyoto stn.
Ticket shop is NOT Railway company(=JR)'s but tickets are legal no problem (price are not fixed)
so have to book seat reservation until train dep time at Kyoto stn(JR) ticket office.
(free = 0Y. zero yen/Just say "seat reservation pls." in EN with showing bought ticket)
No discount Nozomi(ordinary/reserved) : about 14000Y

This is not Kyoto - Tokyo but ticket design is same.
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/o2tomo/imgs/0/5/05fcc986.jpg
‰ñ”Œ”/kaisuu-ken(coupon type discont ticket) : ticket shop
Žw’èÈŒ”/shitei-seki-ken : JR ticket office
https://www.cmaker.jp/cash/img/tokyo.jpg
VŠ²ü/Shinkansen (=bullet train)
‹ž“s(Žs“à)/Kyoto(shinai/fr all Kyoto city JR stns)
“Œ‹ž(“s‹æ“à)/Tokyo(tokunai/until Tokyo 23 wards JR stn)
JR ticket office provide 6 sheet set(for adult) type only.
http://railway.jr-central.co.jp/tickets/kaisuuken-shitei/
Ticket shop separated and sales each sheet fr one for solo traveler and small group.
by swn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/21 14:01
I will be in Kyoto on the 4/1/17 and catching the Bullet Train on the 8/1/17 to Tokyo, do you think I will have enough time to buy the express bullet train ticket? And are the ticket refundable?
Regards

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/21 14:25
4 day ahead will be enough time. ticket are refundable. you can find terms and conditions for refunds on the rail companies websites.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/21 15:55
Thank you for the advice, it is very helpful.
Regards

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/21 20:42
if you buy a discount ticket at Kinken-shops, those are NOT refundable, because those are NOT regular tickets. (Platt Kodama is also not a regular ticket.)

since you don't know the system fully, I recommend you buy a regular ticket at Kyoto JR station with a regular price. those are refundable.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/23 07:55
Takes only a few minutes to get a ticket from the ticket machine - often longer going to a service counter. Y12,500 - Y13,000 depending on options (reserved/non-reserved, arrival station).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/23 07:59
As a footnote - the eVoucher package (return) is available for people travelling from Kyoto or Osaka to Tokyo. Just harder to find and some slightly different options.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/24 16:09
Same here - I will be arriving Kyoto from Osaka on 20 Dec
and intending to buy the Shinkanzen ticket for Tokyo Bound for 22 Dec at the Kyoto Station. I think it should not be any problem to get
reserved seats for Nozomi -
by ptsm rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/24 18:14
@ ptsm
How to get in Osaka?
If fr KIX ask at JR-West(Rail) ticket counter(5:30 - 23:00).
by swn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/24 18:37
Hi Swn -I will take the JR Tokaido Shinkassen from Shin-Osaka Station to Kyoto - will only take abt 15-20 mins..
this is the fastest way and also since I will be staying near
shin-Osaka

this is the easiest route..
maybe I will go day trip to Kobe from Kyoto if time permits.. since I had been to Kyoto before.. will see.
by ptsm rate this post as useful

Re: Bullet Train Ticket from Kyoto to Tokyo 2016/11/27 13:52
I will be catching Nozomi Shinkansen from Kyoto to Tokyo, then transfer to Shinjuku Washington hotel, will my bullet train cover for the transfer from Shinagawa station to Shinjuku station? As the station has so many exit, which exit should I be using from Shinjuku station to Shinjuku Washington hotel?

reply to this thread