Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nagano station to Snow Monkey Park? 2016/11/27 02:34
Hi guys! First time posting on this forum. :)

Would like to know what would be the most efficient route to travel from Nagano stn to the snow monkey park? According to this Snow Monkey resorts website, it is by Nagaden Express Bus.

Also, as I don't understand Japanese, is it possible to check if this is the valid timetable? http://www.nagadenbus.co.jp.e.yv.hp.transer.com/robus/2016fuyu/shigawi...
I'll be visiting the Snow Monkey Park in Dec (but after 2 Dec).
Thanks again!
by ggjapex  

Re: Nagano station to Snow Monkey Park? 2016/11/27 07:39
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagano station to Snow Monkey Park? 2016/11/27 07:55

the most efficient route to travel from Nagano stn to the snow monkey park

I visited the park twice, both times from Nagano station, first time by bus, second time rental car. I would say rental car would be a better option as you would be able to reach the Parking lot at Shibu onsen
site, and shorten the hike considerably.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6028.html
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagano station to Snow Monkey Park? 2016/11/27 08:39
Bus is easy, and the timetable is printed on the one-day pass you can get (saves a few yen), and it will be back on sale early December. I normally aim for the 10:15.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Nagano station to Snow Monkey Park? 2016/11/27 13:39
Thanks for all the really quick replies. japan-guide forum is really great haha.

So can I confirm that this is the applicable Nagaden Express Bus timetable for the winter season?

http://www.nagadenbus.co.jp.e.yv.hp.transer.com/robus/2016fuyu/shigawi...

Thanks again!!
by ggjapex rate this post as useful

Re: Nagano station to Snow Monkey Park? 2016/11/27 13:50

http://www.nagadenbus.co.jp.e.yv.hp.transer.com/robus/2016fuyu/shigawi...

Yes, it is for the winter season from December 3, 2016 to April 3, 2017

Re: Nagano station to Snow Monkey Park? 2016/11/27 14:01
Alright thanks for the help!

One more question:
If I took the Nagaden Express bus to Kanbayashi Onsen Guchi bus stop - AKA 'Snow Monkey Park' bus stop, am I supposed to board the return bus (from Snow Monkey Park to Nagano Station) at the same bus stop? Sorry if this may seem like a foolish question :P and thank you!

Re: Nagano station to Snow Monkey Park? 2016/11/27 14:18

am I supposed to board the return bus (from Snow Monkey Park to Nagano Station) at the same bus stop?

Not at the same bus stop, but at the opposite one across the road. You may reconfirm with the driver before getting off the bus.

Re: Nagano station to Snow Monkey Park? 2016/11/27 14:22

Re: Nagano station to Snow Monkey Park? 2016/11/27 14:34
Thanks so much! :)

Re: Nagano station to Snow Monkey Park? 2016/11/29 11:12

Re: Nagano station to Snow Monkey Park? 2016/11/30 07:14
Make sure you have appropriate footwear and clothing. We went a few days ago and the track was muddy and slippery. Shoes got very dirty and wet and we were splattered with mud to our knees.
by Ben (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagano station to Snow Monkey Park? 2016/11/30 12:32
Thanks for the tip Ben! Any idea if it was because it rained the day before, or is naturally muddy during winter?
by ggjapex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagano station to Snow Monkey Park? 2016/12/1 09:23
It is normally muddy. Later it gets icy. You can get slip-on crampons for 1500 yen from the shop at the entrance to the forest walk (or hire boots).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread