Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Confused about using the Kansai Thru Pass 2016/11/27 22:14
I will be travelling to the Kansai region next month with the Kansai Thru Pass. It will be my first trip to Japan and I am confused witht he usage of the pass. Please help with clearing my doubts for the following four queries!

1.Do I tap the pass on all the buses, railways that I board? Or do I have to use the pass to buy separate tickets for each train/bus I wish to take.

2. Kyoto - Nara - Osaka

Is the only way the Kintetsu railway? Since there is a surcharge needed to ride the Limited Express trains, how do I differentiate them from the other trains? Do I need a surcharge to travel on kyuko (express) trains?

3. Osaka - Himeji - Kobe - Osaka

I would like to take the Hanshin Limited Express to Himeji from Umeda Station. Although there is no surcharge to take it, do I need a separate Limited Express ticket to board this train? Do I need to make a seat reservation?

4. Osaka - Koyasan - Osaka

Similarly, since there is a surcharge needed to ride the Limited Express trains, how do I differentiate them from the other trains? Do I tap the Kansai Thru Pass at every station?

Thank you.
by Kelvin (guest)  

Re: Confused about using the Kansai Thru Pass 2016/11/28 13:20
1. I am not sure about Kansai Thru Pass but for any JR pass or local/regional pass, prior to going the train you show your pass to a manned ticket gate or to the bus driver when getting off the bus.

2. Is the only way the Kintetsu railway? No, try JR Kansai Area or Wide Pass. But as you would have searched, any JR Pass is valid only in JR lines.

For other questions in 2, 3, and 4 you may refer here http://jprail.com/travel-informations/other-rail-passes/rail-pass-for-...
by stikiting rate this post as useful

reply to this thread