Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kiyomizu main hall closure 2016/11/28 14:04
Hi,

Is it still worth the effort to go to Kiyomizu in April as I understand the main hall will be under renovations from Jan 2017. Such a shame as I really wanted to see this temple.

by SSL (guest)  

Re: Kiyomizu main hall closure 2016/11/28 16:57
There are other structures within the temple complex that you can see but if I were you I'd probably skip this temple since the main hall is the draw here.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kiyomizu main hall closure 2016/11/28 17:02
There are still several hundred other temples in Kyoto, and it is only one of the buildings (although the main hall as you say).

I've went to Kiyomizudera for the first time this year due to a specific request, but had never bothered before. I'm still not fussed (partly due to the crowds - I prefer some other quieter and scenic places) although I know many people go their every visit they make to Kyoto.

However, I did notice that they have a good range of cherry trees that might be worth visiting outside of the core cherry blossom period to see which are the early and late varieties.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Kiyomizu main hall closure 2016/11/28 18:18
Thank you. I will remove this temple and start planning for something else.

Cheers!
by SSL (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread