Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyushu to Shikoku ferries 2016/12/3 20:52
Hi,
I plan on doing a sightseeing through Kyushu and Shikoku and instead of doing the railway from Kyushu to Shikoku I thought of taking some of the ferries from either Kitakyushu, Beppu or Saiki to Matsuyama, Yawatahama or Sukumo.

Then my plan is to go by ferry from Matsuyama to Hiroshima and doing the Shimanami Kaido cycling route back to Shikoku.

Anyway. Since ferries might get disrupted by weather, do you get any refund from the ferries in this case? Is it any chance there might be later ferries on the same day?

Any other route I should consider to avoid being stuck somewhere?
by Gurgel (guest)  

Re: Kyushu to Shikoku ferries 2016/12/4 12:11
There are several ferry crossings a day on all those routes, so the chances of you being stranded for any length of time would be remote unless the weather is extremely severe. I'd be very surprised indeed if they do not refund your ticket, or at least allow you to travel on the next available one should the crossing be cancelled due to bad weather.
by andy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu to Shikoku ferries 2016/12/4 21:28
For public transportation travel, exclude Sukumo. Kitakyushu to Matsuyama is better. The ferry is overnight board. The ferry to Yawatahama is operated 24 hours a day. You don't have to book at all.
by KyushuLocal rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu to Shikoku ferries 2016/12/5 00:04
Oh, I didnt know the Yawatahama ferry was 24/7. Makes much difference.

But the ocernight ferry is only once a day I guess? In case it gets cancelled I would need to find my way across somehow. Since overnight it wont need to contact accommodation as if going daytime but I would need accommodation if the overnight was cancelled..
by Gurgel (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread