Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

9 days Tokyo Plan - Need suggestions 2016/12/11 13:32
Hi,

I am planning a solo trip to Tokyo upcoming Apr 2017. I have planned out most of the places I want to visit, but still have an empty day. Was hoping to get some suggestions.

I've already been to Sugamo, Ikebukuro, Asakusa etc so they have been excluded this time. Planning to go Kyoto/Osaka/Shizuoka on next trip so they are excluded this time as well.

Day 1 - 16 Apr (Sun)
- Arrival in Narita Airport @ 0845 hrs
- Head to hotel at Gotanda and leave luggage there (Check in only @ 1500hrs)
- Head to Ebisu - Daikanyama - Naka-meguro
- Head back to hotel and check in and explore Gotanda at night

Day 2 - 17 Apr (Mon)
YOKOHAMA: Chinatown - Yamashita Park - Osanbashi Pier - Cup Noodles Museum - Red Brick Warehouse - Yokohama Cosmo World - Orbi Yokohama

Day 3 - 18 Apr (Tue)
ODAIBA: The Statue of Liberty - Fuji TV Building - Aqua City Mall - Diver City Tokyo Plaza - Venus Fort - Ferris Wheel - Rainbow Bridge

Day 4 - 19 Apr (Wed)
Shibuya - Shimo-kitazawa (Village Vanguard) - Harajuku
(I've been to Shibuya and Harajuku before, just going back for food and some purchases)

Day 5 - 20 Apr (Thu)
Shinjuku Gyoen - Nakano
- Planning to laze around in the park before heading to Nakano for shopping

Day 6 - 21 Apr (Fri)
Roppongi - Ginza - Akibahara - maybe Ueno

Day 7 - 22 Apr (Sat)
- Mount Takao (The reason why I planned Mount Takao on weekend is because a friend is joining me on this day.)
- Kawagoe

Day 8 - 23 Apr (Sun)
No plans yet. I have no idea what to do.

Day 9 - 24 Apr (Mon)
- Check out @ 1100 hrs, find a place for lunch before heading to Narita Airport (Depature @ 1700 hrs)

Day 1-4 are my must-go for this trip. I'm quite flexible with the rest. Any suggestions to fill up my day 8?

Thank you
by aliciazone  

Re: 9days Tokyo Plan - Need suggestions 2016/12/11 15:16
I would suggest leaving the city on a day trip. There are several to choose from; popular options are Nikko, Hakone, Kawaguchiko, Kamakura/Enoshima, Karuizawa, etc.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 9days Tokyo Plan - Need suggestions 2016/12/11 16:04
I agree with the previous poster, leave Tokyo for a day trip to nearby and lovely rustic Chichibu, for instance, so you get the feel for a completely different side of Japan.
Mt Takao is pretty cool and I would recommend to walk up instead of taking the ropeway.

Other comments based on my own preferences: I would prefer Ueno with its busy street market over Roppongi or even Ginza, especially since you've already been to Ikkebukuro. A lot of the areas that you planned to visit are just more of the same, I think. When in Tokyo, I now seek out the old areas for great restaurants and sightseeing, like the Nishiogikubo Station area, Sendagi , or the Iseya restaurant in Kichijoji before it was converted.
by Ralph (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 9days Tokyo Plan - Need suggestions 2016/12/11 17:04
You may want to visit the "Old Town" in Kawagoe, about 30 minutes train ride from Shinjuku station. Here's a primer -- http://www.brownfoxtravels.com/little-edo/ or check the official website here http://www.koedo.or.jp/foreign/english/

It's called Little Edo, where structures are preserved from Edo and Meiji era.
by Noel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 9 days Tokyo Plan - Need suggestions 2016/12/11 23:50
Ah, the always difficult last full day of the holiday :) As others have said a day trip seems ideal. To me Kamakura is the obvious answer to this question. If I have the dates right it would be the second Sunday of the Kamakura Festival and I have always wanted to see yabusame. https://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/spot/festival/kamakura.html
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: 9 days Tokyo Plan - Need suggestions 2016/12/12 16:40
If I were you I would try to find the time to dine at one of the two ramen shops that have recieved Michelin stars. I think they are located near Ikebukoro
by Kasdf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 9 days Tokyo Plan - Need suggestions 2016/12/20 22:24
No trip to Japan is complete without a trip to view Fuji-san.

A side trip Kawaguchi-ko or Hakone would be great.
by sungimann rate this post as useful

Re: 9 days Tokyo Plan - Need suggestions 2016/12/20 23:24
Thank you for all the replies.

Noel - Yes, I will be visiting Kawagoe. I planned to go there on Day 7.

Ralph - The reason why I'm planning to go Ginza is that I wanna visit Itoya. I'd probably breeze through Roppongi and head to Tokyo Tower.

Kasdf - Not sure whether I have the patience to queue for food D:

sungimann - I am planning another trip back to FujiQ Highland and include Kawaguchi-ko and Hakone later. So not including them in this trip. :D

Anyway, after much searching, I am taking a trip to Ibaraki to visit Hatachii Seaside Park.

Thank you for all your suggestions.
by aliciazone rate this post as useful

Re: 9 days Tokyo Plan - Need suggestions 2016/12/21 07:29
Have you been in Tokyo Tree?
by B. Slager (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread