Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

First time to Hokkaido 2016/12/14 11:46
Hi, I am visiting Hokkaido for the first time in June 2017. ( for 7 days)
Would appreciate if someone could advise on my questions below:-

1. Is public transport convenient? If yes, which website I have to check through?

2. If it is only 7 days in Hokkaido, what are the must visit places that I must visit?

Thank you very much.
by Annie CJ  

Re: First time to Hokkaido 2016/12/14 12:51
1. Depends where you're going. It's convenient to get to places like Sapporo, Otaru, Noboribetsu, Hakodate, Lake Toya, Asahikawa. It's not particularly convenient if you're going to the national parks, to the east, or to the north, as limited express services run infrequently. Use google maps or hyperdia.com.

2. What are you interested in? Without worrying about car rental I'd say:
1 night Hakodate
I night Noboribetsu
4-5 nights Sapporo, with day trips to Asahikawa, Otaru.
Though you could go to Furano, the lavender isn't out til July.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: First time to Hokkaido 2016/12/14 12:54
Thank you very much for the info. I will plan my itinerary referring to your suggestion.
by Annie CJ rate this post as useful

Re: First time to Hokkaido 2016/12/14 19:41
Personnally I would stay more in Hakodate and less in Sapporo. I loved Hakodate, and you should not miss the morning market if you like fresh seafood for breakfast, and also the night view of the city from mount Hakodate. The old brick houses have also great shops that sell locally made souvenirs.

Not far from Hakodate (like, 30 minutes by train), there is Onuma quasi national park which is great for a small walk. You can go there on the way to Sapporo, just hop off, walk around, and take the next train.

Noboribetsu is nice. Nearby there is the Ainu museum in Shiraoi, which is interesting.
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: First time to Hokkaido 2016/12/14 20:37
@AK, thank you so much.
by Annie CJ rate this post as useful

Re: First time to Hokkaido 2016/12/16 12:53
Hi
I agreed to spend less time in Sapporo

I did the - Hakodate - Noberibetsu-Otaru-Sapporo route
staying 2 nights hakotdate and Sapporo each..
but it was Winter (end of year) its really beautiful
snowing infact heavy snow in Hakodate..
the morning market is not to be missed.

we travelled by train intercity..
you may check this route

by ptsm rate this post as useful

reply to this thread