Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which pass to use in Osaka-Kyoto-Kanazawa? 2016/12/22 23:52
Hello Everyone,

This is my second time in Japan but I've never been to Osaka-Kyoto Area. I'm traveling to Osaka this 30th December. I will arrive in Osaka, staying in Honmachibashi. I will go to Universal Studio, go to Kyoto and also Shirakawa-go through Kanazawa. I am still confused on which IC card I need to get and should I buy any Kansai Through Pass or other tourist pass. Which pass should I buy and more cost saving? I'm planning to go around to tourist spots in Osaka and Kyoto.

Thank you
by gressia  

Re: Which pass to use in Osaka-Kyoto-Kanazawa? 2016/12/23 12:43
Dear gressia, Japan Guide has explained your inquiry well if you do some research http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5953.html.

For your other train rides, kindly check Hyperdia or Jorudan. Note that Osaka to Kyoto is only JPY 560 and Osaka to Universal City is JPY 180.

Osaka and Kyoto has several local passes. You might want to secure IC card (ICOCA) if you only have 1 or 2 destinations in each location. Check Japan Guide as well how to get around those cities.

I would also suggest you to tour Kanazawa and not only as your drop on/off point to Shirakawago.
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Which pass to use in Osaka-Kyoto-Kanazawa? 2016/12/23 12:48
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread