Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kix to itm enough time? 2016/12/30 09:01
Hi
My travel agency booked me on a flight arriving Kix around 10 am and a connecting flight leaving 14:05 for Kagoshima from Itami. All on the same ticket.

The minimum connecting time appear to be 3:35 hours according to JAL.

If the flight is in time I could catch the 11:00 or at least 11:40 bus.

Assuming the arrival time is correct (12:15, 12:55) I would have about 1-1.5 hour to spare.

Is this risky or doable?

Will be travelling in mid March, so considering the possibility of being rebooked on a later flight or if they could be full for weeks ahead.

Taking the train down is another option yes but a huge cost...
by Merba (guest)  

Re: Kix to itm enough time? 2016/12/30 14:40
As you say, you'd have at least one hour left when arriving at ITM, so no problem.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Kix to itm enough time? 2016/12/30 18:14
Re-book KIX to KOJ.
http://www.flypeach.com/pc/en
by LDs (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kix to itm enough time? 2016/12/30 18:28
Re-book KIX to KOJ.

And pay a fortune in rebooking fees; if rebooking is possible at all...

Re: Kix to itm enough time? 2016/12/30 18:40
I would have booked on the Peach Flight but the travel agency did not encourage me to do so. Not sure why but they said something about not being sure they could rebook me if I would be by Peach (are they the same alliance btw?)
by Merba (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kix to itm enough time? 2016/12/30 18:44
Peach is a low-cost carrier which does not belong in any alliance and operates completely independently. If you wanted to book the Peach flight, you would have had to make two separate bookings, with no possibility to rebook the Peach flight if you missed it.

Re: Kix to itm enough time? 2016/12/31 18:43
Should be OK. However only thing you might want to watch out is immigration at Kansai. You could be waiting in queue for quite a while if you are arriving during a busy time. I have heard plenty of horror stories. But I read news about they were looking into ways to shorten the immigration process. It may be better now.

Last time I arrived at Kansai was very early in the morning. There were no other arriving flights and there was no queue.
by Sitti (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kix to itm enough time? 2016/12/31 22:41
I remember getting off the plane around 10 once, by 1045 I was riding the Rapit to Osaka with my JR Apass in hand. There were possibly 10-15 people in the queue when arriving.

But as Firas says, there could be a long queue.

When I landed in Tokyo a few years ago, I think it was around 14-15 in the afternoon, the queue was enormous and took more than an hour to pass.
by Johnny (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread