Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need your valuable suggestions for Yamagata 2017/1/6 11:26
Hi all,

This is sanjay from India.
I will reach Yamagata station on 7-January 2PM, will be staying in Yamagata for 2 nights (7th and 8th), just want to explore this beautiful place, need your suggestions to make best of my time and money in Yamagata, below are my queries, would be very glad to receive your suggestions.

1. Zao onsen
a) Am not interested in Skiing, should I pay entry fee and go to zao onsen ski resort to see snow monsters or just take Zao ropeway and reach Jizosancho Station to see snow monsters?
b) After reaching Jizosancho Station, is it advisable/possible for normal people like me (not professional skiier) to walk to Okama crater and Zao Natural botanical garden.
c) Can I take snow shoes, gloves for rentals before reaching Jizosancho Station, approximate cost for the rentals?
d) Any suggestions for enjoying rotemburo or onsen in Zao onsen?
2. Any Itinerary suggestions for exploring near by attractions from Yamagata from 7-Jan 2PM to 9-Jan 10AM, I will have 2 days left on my Seishun 18 JR train pass which can be used on 7-Jan and 9-Jan.

Based on Wheather conditions, I will decide timings to go to Zao onsen on 8-January, would be very glad if someone can help me for above listed queries.
Arigato gosaimashita!

Regards,
Sanjay
by Sanjay (guest)  

Re: Need your valuable suggestions for Yamagata 2017/1/6 15:05
First, the Snow Monsters in Zao Onsen Ski Resort is so amazing that it deserves a visit. Therefore, I think you should enter it t ohave alook.

Second, it will take you about one hour to walk from Jizosancho St. to Okama ctater lake. So you can walk there if you like stoll.

Third, I haven't been there with rental shoes or gloves, but I think you can do this.

Finally, Season dates may be adjusted due to lack of snow. Check before going.

According to the nearby attractions, I recommend you a app called Tourank, whoes tour-map can show you your nearby attractions, hotels, restaurants,etc.
It's a kind of mobile Japan travel guide. it may help you.
by FloriaHanlovetravel rate this post as useful

Re: Need your valuable suggestions for Yamagata 2017/1/6 21:10
thank you very much for your reply, I will take note of your suggestions.
by Sanjay (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread