Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to say get to know me in japanese? 2017/1/14 16:10
I want to make a bio, so i have to put "get to know me" as the tittle. I was translated it through google translate but the answer was kinda weird. Im confused. Could someone help me please? Thankyou in advance.
by Unknown (guest)  

Re: How to say get to know me in japanese? 2017/1/14 17:53
Ask whoever said you had to put this as the title; it seems uncommon.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: How to say get to know me in japanese? 2017/1/15 21:15
Japanese people would just write "self introduction" or "about myself," or something along that line. Using that phrase as the title is just not done.

If you write that sentence suggested, it is in imperative form (you are telling someone to get to know you), and even if you added "please" to it, the direct translation would come across as somewhat overbearing, ask someone to come to you to know more about you :) if you know what I mean.

Just writing 自己紹介 ("jiko shoukai" = self introduction) would do, maybe?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: How to say get to know me in japanese? 2017/1/16 05:07
And it sounds arrogant.
by ay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to say get to know me in japanese? 2017/1/16 11:17
I think the closest thing is どうぞよろしくお願いします (douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu). People say it when they make self-introductions at the end of their introduction. It's sort of a mix between 'nice to meet you', 'I hope you like me' and 'please be nice to me'.
by Jenn Jett (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread