Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai Wide Pass from Kanazawa to Kyoto 2017/1/14 16:57
I would like to travel from Kanazawa to Kyoto by LTD. EXP THUNDERBIRD. Can I use JR Kansai Wide Pass to discount train fare between Tsuruga to Kyoto and pay fare from Kanazawa to Tsuruga only? How can I do?

P.S. The travel day is the first day that I will use JR Kansai Wide Pass.

Thanks in advance
by NNSP (guest)  

Re: Kansai Wide Pass from Kanazawa to Kyoto 2017/1/14 17:40
Yes, you can do it by simply buying a separate ticket for the limited express from Kanazawa to Tsuruga. It can be done at some ticket machines and at manned ticket offices.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Wide Pass from Kanazawa to Kyoto 2017/1/14 20:35
It's not clear whether you will already have your pass or not (how will you go to Kanazawa?). If not, you will need to actually get off the train at Tsuruga and buy your pass there (not possible to buy it online either, as vouchers cannot be exchanged at Tsuruga).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Wide Pass from Kanazawa to Kyoto 2017/1/14 20:36
I might be wrong but I think you can't obtain the pass outside of the area the pass covers. For example you can't buy it at Kanazawa, but you can buy it at Tsuruga. To this end, you may have to go out of the ticket gate of Tsuruga station. If you have already get the pass beforehand, then you will have no problem.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Wide Pass from Kanazawa to Kyoto 2017/1/15 08:03
I assumed NNSP will have the pass already.

Re: Kansai Wide Pass from Kanazawa to Kyoto 2017/1/15 09:11
Make sure you get a ticket for the unreserved carriage, because if you buy a ticket for a reserved seat, you can't stay there after Tsuruga in case someone else has that seat booked!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Wide Pass from Kanazawa to Kyoto 2017/1/15 13:31
In addition, the Kansai Wide Pass does not allow for seat reservations.

reply to this thread