Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

late may-june trip 2017/1/15 16:24
Hi everyone!~ I am planning a Japan trip with my brother and mother in late May and would love some input on the current itinerary. The general plan is to fly into Tokyo on the 21st of May and my mother/brother will be leaving on the 28th of May while i continue solo till maybe the first or second week of June.

21st:Land in Tokyo, maybe check out Ginza/Imperial Palace
22nd:Asakusa/Odaiba
23rd:Shinjuku/Shibuya/Harajuku
24th:Kamakura (day trip out of Tokyo)
25th:Nikko (day trip out of Tokyo)
26th-27th: Travel down to Fuji Kawaguchiko and stay there 2 nights
28th:Travel back to Tokyo at noon and send my family off

For the 21st-25th, I was thinking of getting accommodation near Tokyo Station for ease of transport. Would that be a good idea as this is my first time in Tokyo?

Ok now for the main part i'm lost about. I'm thinking of further exploring the Tokyo area alone after my family has left. Probably a day each to Yokohama, Kawagoe, Hakone? Then move either up north or down south. I have been to Kansai region (Osaka/Kyoto/Nara/Kobe) previously and loved the place but i'm wondering if i should try venturing north this time instead. For ease of suggestions, assume i would stay in Japan till 9th June.

Thanks in advance to all answers. Hope to hear from anyone soon :D

Cheers!
by vee (guest)  

Re: late may-june trip 2017/1/15 19:39
I think the 23rd might be a bit busy, depending on exactly what you want to see in those areas. Quite often just Shibuya and Harajuku can fill a day!

For accommodation, you don't have to stay near Tokyo Station. Other stations on the Yamanote Line (e.g. Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ueno) would be just as convenient, if not more so depending on what transport you take to Kamakura and Nikko.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: late may-june trip 2017/1/15 19:46
hi sq! thanks for the reply. as for the itinerary on that day, i was following a recommended one on this website from this link: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3051_west_tokyo_full.html

i might do a little more research and decide which to cut out if it might be too packed! thanks for notifying :D

btw would a jr pass be useful during the 21st-28th? or would i be better getting a stored value card?
by vee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: late may-june trip 2017/1/15 20:04
OMG no, the JR pass is for long distance. Every f***ing day this is asked....
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: late may-june trip 2017/1/15 20:25
thank you for being so polite "...."

your answer is much appreciated.
by Vee (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread