Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Broken Link Kawachi Fuji Wisteria Garden tix 2017/1/15 16:54
Hi there,

We are keen to go to the Kawachi Fujien Wisteria Garden.

But, our Japanese is not so good, so we were hopping to purchase it via japanican.com. The link appears to be broken.

Can you direct us to where tickets can be purchased online.

Thankyou!
by Nimbil  

Re: Broken Link Kawachi Fuji Wisteria Garden tix 2017/1/15 17:12
I think the details for 2017 will be announced around February at the earliest. Possibly not until April (like last year).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Broken Link Kawachi Fuji Wisteria Garden tix 2017/1/16 05:07
I pay at the entrance to the Gardens. Just to make sure, this is the place I am talking about.

http://twistedsifter.com/2013/02/wisteria-flower-tunnel-kawachi-fuji-g...

I get there by going to JR Yahata Station, and then taking a free shuttle to Ajisai-No-Yu Onsen. Another link:

http://www.souyu.co.jp/ajisai/index.php

I know that the link is in Japanese, but there is a timetable for the free shuttle bus at the bottom of the link. The JR Yahata Station is highlighted in blue. When you exit the station bear to the left, and you should see a sign similar to the one that is picture below the timetable (I think that is the pink highlighted stop).

Anyway, the Kawachi Fuji Gardens are about 200 meter walk up the hill from the Onsen. Go there first, and then visit the Onsen, before you head back to Yahata Station.

As for timing your visit, I would try to go close to Golden Week. Golden week is the end of April/beginning of May. If you go, I would also recommend the following thing that happen nearby.

There is a pottery festival in Arita.
Nagasaki, I believe there is a sailing ship festival.
Yanagawa canal boat tour and meal (Unagi - river eel)
The Hakata food stalls.
The spring will be in full bloom at Huis Ten Bosch.

Anyway, good luck with your trip planning.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Broken Link Kawachi Fuji Wisteria Garden tix 2017/1/16 07:36
As I recall, last year there was such a swell of people last year that they completely stopped selling tickets at the garden - you had to go to a convenience store and make an advanced purchase.
Parking was also a nightmare unless you go there the microsecond the place opens.

It might very well be the same this year.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Broken Link Kawachi Fuji Wisteria Garden tix 2017/1/16 07:47
Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated! Yeah, I believe there was a swell last year during peak season and the period we are looking at is within those dates. I'm not sure if it will be the same this year and they will require ticket be purchased from convenience stores.
by Nimbil rate this post as useful

Re: Broken Link Kawachi Fuji Wisteria Garden tix 2017/1/16 08:13
Check this page for details:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4881.html

I expect 2017 details to be announced in February at the earliest.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Broken Link Kawachi Fuji Wisteria Garden tix 2017/1/16 22:40
O.K. I went in 2014, and I just had to walk up to the garden. It wasn't that crowded that you had to buy advanced tickets. Good thing to know, if I ever go back.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Broken Link Kawachi Fuji Wisteria Garden tix 2017/1/16 23:11
Advanced ticket was started to sell at domestic convenience stores in March in 2016. Ticket specified the date and 2 hour time slot. Tour bus was prohibited to visit in 2016. Recent announcement last Friday said they will accept it and will announce in detail in early February.
by KyushuLocal (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread