Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shikoku railpass pick-up 2017/1/16 12:19
Hi,
As I will arrive with ferry from Beppu to Yawatahama, is there no way to pick up the Shikoku rail pass before arriving in Matsuyama?

It cost around 2500 JPY for a Ltd express there (or half for a local, double travel time). Would be better to save I mean...
by Johnny (guest)  

Re: Shikoku railpass pick-up 2017/1/16 13:15
I wished I knew the answer, but I don't since I changed my own travel plan due to the limitations in exchange locations I read (I was going to take a ferry like you, then was going to travel around Shikoku using the pass starting from Yawatahama). I hope someone else can answer your question.

I re-read the All Shikoku Rail Pass web site, and unfortunately, it still says exchange can be made at four major stations in Shikoku (Yawatahama is not one of them).

I would talk to the station attendant at Yawatahama. Perhaps he can arrange for a temporary pass to Matsuyama, where you can get the real pass. Good luck.
by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku railpass pick-up 2017/1/16 18:10
I'm afraid it is not possible. But, if you go to Osaka before heading to Beppu, you could retrieve it there.
by Vienna Logan rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku railpass pick-up 2017/1/16 19:06
It may be better to invest in a national pass instead depending on your travels before and after the ferry.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku railpass pick-up 2017/1/16 21:33
@Vienna
I will arrive in Kansai airport but that will be about 1,5 week before arriving in Shikoku. Is it possible to pick it up there?

@hakata
I was thinking of a JR Pass but I am not sure if it pays up since I will be renting cars and so.

I wish there was a Kyushu-Shikoku-Chugoku-Kansai version of the rail pass.
by Johnny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku railpass pick-up 2017/1/16 21:56

I will arrive in Kansai airport but that will be about 1,5 week before arriving in Shikoku. Is it possible to pick it up there?

Do you mean exchanging voucher 1 1/2 week in advance?
That should be an issue. I exchanged mine 3 weeks before I landed in Shikoku.
by Shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku railpass pick-up 2017/1/16 21:58

That should be an issue

Sorry I meant to say " that should not be an issue"
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku railpass pick-up 2017/1/16 22:06
I wont actually be passing through Umeda station. As I will be coming from abroad to Kansai AP heading directly to Itami airport with the bus, with luggage. That would only be a risky detour.
by Johnny (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread