Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Last day in Shibuya/Shimokitazawa/Harajuku 2017/1/26 00:32
For our last day in Japan, we're planning on staying in a hotel in Shibuya near the station. We'll take a train in from Kanazawa the night before, and arrive in Shibuya around 10:00pm. We fly out of Haneda the next day around 4pm, but I'd like to make the most of that last day, and do some souvenir shopping around Shimokitazawa, Shibuya and Harajuku.

What's the best way to spend my morning? I was planning on heading straight to Shimokitazawa first thing, but wondering if anything will be open early. What time do the shops open? Am I better off waiting? Are all of these locations going to be slow until 9:00 or 10:00?
by btdgreg  

Re: Last day in Shibuya/Shimokitazawa/Harajuku 2017/1/26 13:45
Some shops might open at 10, but 10:30 or 11 are common. You won't have a lot of time to shop, I'm afraid. Parks and shrines/temples are your best bet for the morning, such as Meiji shrine.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Last day in Shibuya/Shimokitazawa/Harajuku 2017/1/26 16:49
Yup, Meiji shrine is fine that early in the day. You can buy souvenirs from Oriental Bazaar (I believe it opens at 10:00am) near Harajuku.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread