Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Aso Resort Grandvrio Hotel 2017/1/26 14:20
Hi,
Thinking of making Aso Resort Grandvrio (Yonezukaonsen, Akamizu, Aso, Kumamoto-ken) as my base for touring Mt Aso area and Takachiho Gorge. We will be driving so I figure we can drive to these places easily. Any other places I can tour especially to see cherry blossoms since I will be there first week of April? Will go on the Milk Road to Beppu after the stay. Appreciate your suggestions for scenic sights and good food!
Tks
by hosg15 (guest)  

Re: Aso Resort Grandvrio Hotel 2017/1/26 16:17
Are you aware that roads in the area are still heavily damaged from last year's events?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Aso Resort Grandvrio Hotel 2017/1/26 21:18
At the moment, R265 and R325 is the accessible road from Aso to Takachiho, along the east side of Mt Aso, I suppose. Yufuin can be reached via JR Aso Miyaji station up north on Yamanami Hihgway although truck over 4t cannot run the road near Shiroyama Lookout.
by KyushuLocal rate this post as useful

Re: Aso Resort Grandvrio Hotel 2017/1/30 10:50
Yes, Firas, I am aware of damaged roads hence I am asking regarding accessibility if I choose this lodging. I checked the website; it seems it is still operating albeit with some damaged facilities.. The access map is in Japanese so it is guesswork on my part.
Tks KyushuLocalGuest for the info on the open roads.
by sg Ho (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread