Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Climb Mount Fuji at the end of april 2017 2017/1/27 04:08
I want to climb Fuji at the end of april 2017. I am an expert alpinist. I need your HELP for some infornation and details.
I'll stay in Tokyo and one of those days I want to climb Fuji by Fujinomiya trail.
Which train I have to take from Tokyo and which is the right stop?
Is there a bus stop to reach the fifth station off season and which is the timetable?
Is it better to move there the night before the climb? Which city and of you are so kind hotel?
Thank you very much for helping!!
Kind regards
Stefano Raseni
by Stefano Raseni (guest)  

Re: Climb Mount Fuji at the end of april 2017 2017/1/27 08:19
You sound like you have not done any research yet. Do you realize that the mountain is covered by ice in April and the ascent is highly perilous?

Which train I have to take from Tokyo and which is the right stop? Is there a bus stop to reach the fifth station off season and which is the timetable?

Buses to Fujinomiya 5th Station start running from around late April on weekends only. Here is the timetable for last year:
http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/fuji.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Climb Mount Fuji at the end of april 2017 2017/1/27 12:44
Hi Stefano Raseni,

It's not impossible to do it but you have to consider a lot of things.

First, the access to bottom start point (ten fifth point) is anyway by bus. But it is not sure when in April to start to run because it depends on snow amount which remain on the access way.

As other says, climbing Mt. Fuji in winter including April and May is extreme expedition which requires much experiences as well as equipments. So I highly recommend you to ask for a local guide who used to it. If you are not sure about this, direct message me. Thanks,
by Tomoya109 rate this post as useful

Re: Climb Mount Fuji at the end of april 2017 2017/1/27 14:47
Thank you for information!
If necessary I'm asking you

Best regards
Stefano Raseni
by Stefano Raseni (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Climb Mount Fuji at the end of april 2017 2017/1/28 04:17
I climbed Fuji in late March a while back and the buses were already running to the 5th station from Fuji-Yoshida. It just depends on the year.

We started our climb though in Fujiyoshida at the Sengen (? I think) shrine to do the whole pilgrimage and the trail was totally clear until just above the 5th station when patches of snow started gathering in the gullies. All we needed after that on this hike was an ice ax. We had crampons but didn't use them as most of the snow/ice was soft and interspersed with bare gravel.

We caught the bus at the Subaru Line 5th station for a ride down into Fujiyoshida to save time on the descent.

The main thing is to be prepared as you know conditions on a mountain can change quickly. We carried winter gear just in case but luckily didn't need any of it.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Climb Mount Fuji at the end of april 2017 2017/1/28 07:42
I climbed Fuji in late March a while back and the buses were already running to the 5th station from Fuji-Yoshida. It just depends on the year.

This is because you used a different trail. Not because of the year. There are four 5th Stations. Access is explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6901.html#/section_getThere

Re: Climb Mount Fuji at the end of april 2017 2017/1/28 15:50
So if Fuji yoshida is open all the year I climb Fuji from here.
Which is the right bus timetable to reach the fifth station of. Yoshida trail?
Thank you
Stefano
by Stefano Raseni (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Climb Mount Fuji at the end of april 2017 2017/1/28 17:18
So if Fuji yoshida is open all the year I climb Fuji from here.

None of the trails are open all year. They are all closed until July.

However, the Fuji Subaru Line 5th Station can be reached all year around when snow conditions allow. Having said that, the snow conditions often cause the road to be fully or partially closed especially between December and March. The current bus timetable is here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/fuji.html

reply to this thread