Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Haneda To Narita 2017/2/3 09:49
I am landing into Tokyo Haneda at 18.15 on a JAL domestic flight - I have a connecting flight from Narita with Qatar at 22.20 will I have enough time to collect my luggage from the domestic terminal and get to Narita before check in closes? I have read that that bus takes between 65 and 85 minutes. However, was not sure if I would make the 18.55 or 19.25 buses and if this will get me to the airport in enough time.

I would be grateful if anyone could please share some information on this.
by John Snows (guest)  

Re: Haneda To Narita 2017/2/3 12:24
Hi John,
I think the bus would be the best. In case of delay or something, you should have an option of taking Keikyu train which also runs directly to Narita.
by Tomoya109 rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda To Narita 2017/2/3 12:28
As JAL and Qatar are both in Oneworld, you will probably not need to check in at Narita, which leaves you more time.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda To Narita 2017/2/3 19:13
Hi thank you for your replies, this is is the first time I am visiting Japan, I booked the ticket with Qatar incl. the JAL connection I was just getting worried I would not make the connection. I can check in Online for the Qatar sectors however, just wanted to ensure I make the bag drop times as I will have two hold suitcases. How long does it take to clear the domestic airport generally? Also regarding the Keikyu train do you require changes? I will go with the bus option as it seems the safest just doubled checking what I should do incase of needing to use the back up plan.
by John Snows (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda To Narita 2017/2/3 20:25
One must be very careful when planning to use the direct trains between Haneda and Narita, as their frequency varies greatly throughout the day and also between weekdays and weekends. This is one case where Hyperdia is really not your friend, and the best thing to do is to consult the station timetables, where all the trains of the day are listed together with their destinations.

In this case, if you are traveling on a weekday you have a train departing for Narita at 18:52 and arriving at 20:49, which could work for you. If you are traveling on a weekend or holiday, there is no suitable direct train.

Re: Haneda To Narita 2017/2/3 20:29
I will be travelling in July on a Monday as the flight arrives at 18.15 would you say I could make that 18.55 bus providing the incoming flight is not delayed, we will be picking up luggage.

Once again thank you for your advice it has been most helpful.
by John Snows (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda To Narita 2017/2/3 21:18
Don't forget that the third Monday of July (this year, it's the 17th) is a holiday.

reply to this thread