Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Icoca Card at Hiroshima Airport 2017/2/10 00:14
Hello all,

I have a short question. I'll be on my first vacation to Japan next month.
Does anyone here know if there is a way to buy an Icoca Card at Hiroshima airport.
I'll be staying in Kure for a few days before going to Tokyo and from the guide here on this site I think that Icoca will be the ideal card for me.

Thank you very much.
by SilverWizard  

Re: Icoca Card at Hiroshima Airport 2017/2/10 11:04
No, since there is no JR station at Hiroshima airport. You can buy one at Kure station.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca Card at Hiroshima Airport 2017/2/10 11:08
I have not been to Hiroshima Airport, but anywhere there is a train station you can buy the Icoca Card. I'm sure there would be a machine at the Airport, ask at the Information desk when you arrive. I visit Japan about 2-3 times a year and always use my Icoca card on Buses, Trains and sometimes shops, the card I have now is 4 years old, you just keep adding 'Yen' to the card as you need at any Icoca machine, as your using your own money, it is very convenient as buying 'train' tickets can be very confusing, with the card you just 'wave/ tap' the card on the exit turnstiles etc. and walk through. I visit Hiroshima, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Tokyo areas and many towns in-between and I have never had a problem.
by Barrieaw rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca Card at Hiroshima Airport 2017/2/10 11:37
The ICOCA IC card is issued by JR West. Hiroshima airport has no rail link, therefore one cannot get one at the airport.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca Card at Hiroshima Airport 2017/2/10 14:10
Trank you very much for your anderes.
So I will bis the Card at Kure Station.
by SilverWizard rate this post as useful

reply to this thread