Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka sidetrips 2017/2/15 17:24
Hello guys,

I have a specific question regarding a trip that I am planning to do during my stay in Osaka. I am exploring the option to do a 1 day trip through Okayama-Himeji-Kobe and I wanted to ask how much time it would takes us to travel through that route and is it possible to do it in a single day or it would be too much?

Thanks for the attention!
by Boris (guest)  

Re: Osaka sidetrips 2017/2/15 22:03
It all depends on what you plan to do there...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka sidetrips 2017/2/15 22:06
Think about going to Nara which is a great place to visit from Osaka. (45-60 mins by train)
by couldabeen rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka sidetrips 2017/2/15 22:12
Yes, I will be going to Nara as well in another day, just wanted to check whether seeing the basics in those three places would be possible in 1 day or whether it would be too much of traveling which would waste our time.
by Boris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka sidetrips 2017/2/16 04:56
To answer the initial question, you might be trying to fit too much into one day. If you want to see the garden and castle in Okayama, that would take at least 3h, not including transportation time. I also spent 3h in Himeji and depending on what exactly youfd want to do in Kobe, that could easily be a full day. What do you want to do in each place?

In any case, I would suggest combining Himeji and Kobe (that is, if you donft want to visit Mt.Shosha, though I really do recommend it), and perhaps Okayama on a different day together with Kurashiki or something.
by FancyLampshade rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka sidetrips 2017/2/16 05:58
Thanks, that is what I would prefer, indeed - possibly combining Himeji and Okayama or Himeji and Kobe in one day and another one for the the one that's left (which combination would be better in terms of traveling, by the way?) We would probably visit mainly the gardens and the castles in both Himeji and Okayama, I don't expect to have any time left to do more. On side note, are you guys aware whether there are any expected promotion or discounts available online for the standard JR pass option? Thanks much!
by Boris (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread