Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip from kyoto - takayam - hakone 2017/2/22 18:16
Hi, I would like to know, if anyone could assist me on how to plan my trip from kyoto to takayama (my travel buddy really want to visit the shirakawago). Then we plan to try the hakone tozan railway..if you have any suggestion please do help us.TQ!
by Max (guest)  

Re: Trip from kyoto - takayam - hakone 2017/2/23 10:41
Check Hyperdia/Jorudan/Google for the train or bus travels.

Takayama travel guide here http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5908.html.

Make sure you use the drop-down menu and choose the Kyoto option. Honestly, what it did not mention is the morning train from Kyoto to Takayama via Wide View Hida. Choose the Tokyo option to see the methods of transportation from Takayama to Tokyo.

Hakone is best accessed from Tokyo.
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Trip from kyoto - takayam - hakone 2017/2/23 10:46
If coming from Kyoto or Takayama. Hakone is NOT best accessed from Tokyo.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trip from kyoto - takayam - hakone 2017/2/23 12:20
@hakata14

I just assumed that OP will end up in Tokyo anyway. Supposed OP has other itineraries, what would you think will be the best option? Kyoto to Hakone by night bus will be one option. The Hakone (at least from Odawara)-Takayama part will be by train.

The link or Japan Guide pages regarding Takayama and Hakone by the way has provided more information.
by stikiting rate this post as useful

reply to this thread