Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket at 9000 yen 2017/2/24 23:58
I am CONFUSED about purchasing this ticket. Can I buy The Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket at yen9000 if I do not have any JR Pass, JR East Pass, JR West Pass or JR Hokuriku Pass....?? Or is it a compulsory to have a JR Pass then can buy at yen9000, otherwise what is the price?? As the website mention the requirements is available exclusively for visitors from abroad who enter Japan under the entry status of "Temporary Visitor", must show a passport issued by a country other than Japan. Can this ticket purchase at JR Ticket Office in Narita Airport, Haneda Airport, Shinjuku, Tokyo Stations.?? Need advise please.
by sau wong (guest)  

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket at 9000 yen 2017/2/25 08:09
Can I buy The Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket at yen9000 if I do not have any JR Pass, JR East Pass, JR West Pass or JR Hokuriku Pass....??

Yes, according to the official JR pamphlet, the only condition is that you are in Japan with a non-Japanese passport as a temporary visitor.

Can this ticket purchase at JR Ticket Office in Narita Airport, Haneda Airport, Shinjuku, Tokyo Stations.?

Yes, a list of the stations can be found here:
http://jrtateyama.com/e/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket at 9000 yen 2017/2/25 10:58
Thanks Uji, I saw the same requirements as stated in the website but came across a number of reviews with my same doubts "w/o any JR Pass cannot purchase at yen9000" I need to be very sure so that when I go to purchase at JR ticket office at Narita Airport won't be doubful.
by sauyong rate this post as useful

reply to this thread