Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka, Kyushu 11D10N 2017/2/25 01:41
Hey Guys,

This is my Five Times visit to Japan, but also my first time to visit Kyushu the third largest island of Japan.

I will flight to Osaka and transit to Kyushu by Flight then buy Northern Kyushu Area Pass 5days and Southern Kyushu Area Pass 3days. Hope you guys can provide me some suggestions of my itinerary as below:

16Apr ~ 26Apr
Day 1 - Northern Kyushu Area Pass
Osaka flight to Nagasaki arrived on 3pm.
Stay a night nearby Nagasaki Station.
Oura Church
Glover Garden
Inasayama.

Day 2 - Northern Kyushu Area Pass
Stay at Huis Ten Bosch.
Huis Teh Bosch explore the Themepark.

Day 3 - Northern Kyushu Area Pass
Stay at Sasebo
Procelain Park
Mifuneyama garden
Cruise Tour at Kujuku Island.

Day 4 - Northern Kyushu Area Pass
Stay at Fukuoka
Asahi Brewery
Ramen Street
Canal City Hakata
Tenjin Chikagai
Hakata Port Tower
Maizuru Part
Ohori Park
Fukuoka Tower

Day 5 - Northern Kyushu Area Pass
Stay at Fukuoka
Kawachi Fuji-en
Beppu Onsen
Kujuhana Park

Day 6 - Southern Kyushu Area Pass
Stay at Kumamoto
Kumamoto Castle
Mount Aso

Day 7 - Southern Kyushu Area Pass
Stay at Kagoshima
Dolphin Port
Yamatakaya
Shiroyama Park
Tenmonkan Dori
Amu Plaza
Sakurajima Island
Ibusuki Onsen

Day 8 - Southern Kyushu Area Pass
Stay at Kagoshima
Kirishima Shrine
Kirishima Onsen Market

Day 9 - 10
Kagoshima Flight to Osaka Kansai Airport arrive on 10am
For Osaka Area should be no problem for planning.

Day 11
Return Flight

Thank you.
Best regards,
Eric
by Eric Travel  

Re: Osaka, Kyushu 11D10N 2017/2/25 14:37
With you current itineray, you day 4 requires no JR train travel. You are better off doing these on your first days, and then starting you JR passes.

Also you stay in Fukuoka on day 5. Which means on day six you need to pay separately to get to Kumamoto before being able to use a southern pass.

I would start again with your itinerary.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka, Kyushu 11D10N 2017/2/25 14:39
Oops, also forgot to say you are doing too much on each day. The Kagoshima day needs to be spread over 2 days. Probably the Fukuoka day also.

Re: Osaka, Kyushu 11D10N 2017/2/25 16:05
To add to hakata14's advice I would take days 1,2,3 and spend more time in Nagasaki and maybe let Huis ten Bosch/Theme Park go. Deshima, Chinatown, and the martyrs monument are just a few of the "don't-miss" sites in Nagasaki. Plus the city is a world of unplanned discoveries waiting for someone to have time to discover them. I'm not conversant with Southern Kyushu and have limited experience with Fukuoka but concur with hakata14 that you need a bit more time in Fukuoka/Hakata. I would look at your itinerary again with the idea of organizing into bunches of sites to be covered in two-day or 1-1/2 day expeditions.
by johnnyman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka, Kyushu 11D10N 2017/2/25 16:10
Hi Hakata14, thanks a lot of your suggestion!

Yes, it was quite difficult for me to plan on day 1. Actually at first I was plan to flight and stay at Fukuoka 2 night but since the Huis Ten Bosch there is an Tulip event only until 17Apr so I decide to flight to Nagasaki first..

For day 5, thank you for remind me. I was miss out on this haha. It should be only stay Fukuoka 1 night the next day stay at Kumamoto but after explore Beppu area then reach the place on night time. I got an question, is there a transportation route can go from Beppu to Kumamoto? I check the google map it seems only able until aso station and then from aso station to Kumamoto station need take 3hours time..

Yeah my plan is quite tight but I'm too greedy to explore all Kyushu area even Miyazaki at first also in mind but is impossible haha. That's why now I'm sending here to get help XD
by Eric Travel rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka, Kyushu 11D10N 2017/2/25 17:18
Hi johnnyman, thanks for your suggestion!
Yeah, Nagasaki is the best place to explore with its natural beauty, historical and also cultural riches. I actually do hope spend more time on this place but it's quite difficult for the planning since this area is too large to explore for only 8days haha. Place to place always require at least 2-3hours with limited Shinkansen. Also some of the attraction do not available by train which need to study a lot. For example, Mount Aso, Takachiho George, Miyazaki Udo Jingo, I wish to go but I'm sure it will not enough time for my itinerary, as the location do not have train and need longer time for the buses.

Yes, please help! I'm out of my mind to fix my itinerary as the date is just around the corner but I still not book the hotel yet. Omggggg

Re: Osaka, Kyushu 11D10N 2017/2/26 15:37
You cannot cover everything you want in 8 days while in Kyushu. And you are gonna have to stick to places close to trains to improve your travel times.

Looking at the time you have while there. I'd seriously consider just doing the northern section.

You need 2 days minimum for Fukuoka to do all on your list.
You need 3 days to do all on your Nagasaki/Sasebo list.
Might as well add in Yufuin and Beppu.

Save the southern end of the island for another trip.

You could substitute Yufuin/Beppu for Kagoshima. But again the items you have on your list require 3 days to do.

So either to Fukuoka + Nagasaki + Oita, saving Kumamoto, Kagoshima, Miyazaki for next trip.

Or Fukuoka + Nagasaki + Kagoshima, saving Oita, Kumamoto, Miyazaki for next trip.

Re: Osaka, Kyushu 11D10N 2017/2/27 00:23
Hi Hakata14,

Yes, is too much of place i have pointed to go. After further consideration, i decided to shorten my place and reschedule itinerary as below:

16Apr ~ 26Apr
Day 1
Osaka flight to Nagasaki arrived on 3:10pm.
Stay at Huis Ten Bosch - Buy 1.5days pass (Appointed hotel)
Huis Teh Bosch explore the Theme park on night.

Day 2 - Northern Kyushu Area Pass -Day 1
Stay at Huis Ten Bosch
Mifuneyama garden (Morning)
Cruise Tour at Kujuku Island. (Morning)
Half day for Huis Ten Bosch (Afternoon to night time)

Day 3 - Northern Kyushu Area Pass -Day 2
Stay at Nagasaki - Ishibashi Station
Oura Church
Glover Garden
Atomic bomb Museum
Dejima
Chinatown
Inasayama

Day 4 - Northern Kyushu Area Pass Day 3
Stay at Fukuoka - Hakata Station
Kawachi Fuji-en
Asahi Brewery (Optional)
Ramen Street
Canal City Hakata
Tenjin Chikagai

Day 5 - Northern Kyushu Area Pass Day 4
Stay at Oita - Beppu Station
Beppu Onsen
Jigoku Mushi Steam Cooking
Yufuin

Day 6 - Northern Kyushu Area Pass Day 5 & Southern Kyushu Area Pass Day 1
Stay at Kagoshima - Kagoshimachuo Station
Kumamoto Station Buy Southern Kyushu Pass
Kumamoto Castle
Yamatakaya
Tenmonkan Dori

Day 7 - Southern Kyushu Area Pass Day 2
Sakurajima Island
Ibusuki Onsen
Dolphin Port
Amu Plaza

Day 8 - Southern Kyushu Area Pass Day 3
Kirishima Shrine
Kirishima Onsen Market

Day 9 ~11
Kagoshima Flight to Osaka Kansai Airport arrive on 10am
For Osaka Area should be no problem for planning.

reply to this thread