Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Return flight ticket for Rail Pass? 2017/3/3 05:33
Hi,
When buying JR Kyushu pass, it is said I must present an international return flight ticket. Since my ticket is in e-ticket form, I only print out an itineary for that.... Would it do or is there any other document I can use to prove my return flight? The immigration stamp in the passport? Ohter?
by Eagle (guest)  

Re: Return flight ticket for Rail Pass? 2017/3/3 12:28
"It is said" by whom? I do not see that on the official webpage.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Return flight ticket for Rail Pass? 2017/3/3 12:31
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Return flight ticket for Rail Pass? 2017/3/3 12:32

Unsure if your info is correct, please check the following:

http://www.jrkyushu.co.jp/english/railpass/railpass.jsp

Non-Japanese citizens who are visiting Japan for the purpose of sightseeing and traveling on a short-stay visa.

Conditions
1 You must hold a passport issued by a country other than Japan.
2 You must reside outside Japan and are visiting Japan on a short-stay visa.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Return flight ticket for Rail Pass? 2017/3/3 20:24
I agree with other members here, there is no mention about a return ticket, holding a passport not issued in Japan and visiting japan as a temp visit is all you need, just show them you passport and any documents will get what you want, this is the same with most ticket for temp visitors.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Return flight ticket for Rail Pass? 2017/3/3 23:10
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_05.html

Points of sale:

"When purchasing the pass inside Japan, you have to present your passport and return air (or sea) ticket. If you purchase multiple passes inside Japan, you may buy the passes only for yourself."
by Eagle (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Return flight ticket for Rail Pass? 2017/3/3 23:22

"When purchasing the pass inside Japan, you have to present your passport and return air (or sea) ticket. "

The above is not from the official website. The information could be old, obsolete or totally wrong.
I have purchased many different regional rail passes while travelling in Japan, never have I been asked to produced air ticket; passport has always been the only item asked .
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Return flight ticket for Rail Pass? 2017/3/3 23:25
Maybe that is when tickets were not always e-tickets.

I don't remember when I last used a printed ticket for travel really... if not only for reminder to myself,
by Eagle (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Return flight ticket for Rail Pass? 2017/3/3 23:57
The third post has official link, all you need is stated there.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Return flight ticket for Rail Pass? 2017/3/4 10:39
The rail companies only care that you are temporary visitor status and check your passport for the appropriate sticker/visa because some passes are not for sale to residents. I have never encountered a rail office that was interested in flight details.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Return flight ticket for Rail Pass? 2017/3/4 13:57
・you have a permanent resident status in a foreign country;
・you hold an airline ticket to depart Japan within three months; and
・you have purchased a Voucher for JR Kyushu Rail Pass overseas

These requirements are applied only for Japanese citizen.

If you are a Japanese citizen, you can use a JR Kyushu Rail Pass, in case of meeting the following three conditions.

If you hold a passport issued by a country other than Japan, you will only need a short-stay visa.

You must reside outside Japan and are visiting Japan on a short-stay visa.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread