Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kurobe Alpine trail - overcrowding 2017/3/7 08:38
We are planning to do the Kurobe Alpine trip on Day 2 of the opening - Sunday 16th April. While the entire route especially the snow wall looks fascinating, I am worried if the entire experience shall be a dampener with a huge crowd swell.

I am planning to stay 15th night at Tateyama and hence can head out early on to the trail.How early is advisable to be ahead of the tour groups and the big crowd?

Or should we just drop the idea of this bit in our itinerary.

Advice please.

regards
by Ravi S  

Re: Kurobe Alpine trail - overcrowding 2017/3/7 11:03
The Alpine Route website advises to depart Toyoma by 10am if you wanna make it to the other side.

Personally I'd go as early as possible. If you are beating the crowds on the first section, then you will be beating them the rest of the way.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Kurobe Alpine trail - overcrowding 2017/3/7 11:22

Or should we just drop the idea of this bit in our itinerary.

I visited once many years ago, departed from Toyama before 07:00, and managed to beat the crowd for the snow wall only. After that hour, tourists, both local as well as international, were coming in droves from both directions.
I do not think you should drop it; Just be sure to have an early start , enjoy the moment as well as the crowd, you are guaranteed to have a good time.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread