Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transport to Kamishikimi Kumanoimasu Shrine 2017/3/13 14:16
Hi there,

I am starting to plan my first trip to Kyushu and would like to visit Kamishikimi Kumanoimasu Jinja in Takamori, Kumamoto Prefecture.
Has anyone made the journey there?
From what I can find on google maps, the closest train station is Takamori station, and then a 5-10 min taxi ride (if available) to the shrine.
The only problem I am having is finding the journey from Kumamoto Station to Takamori Station.
Google maps says there is a bus service from Kumamoto Station every 90 mins which takes two hours to get to Takamori station. I would have to start pretty early in the morning from Kumamoto Station just to get back there by mid afternoon?
Is there a rail service from Kumamoto to Takamori Station?

Thanks a lot!
I hope I can make it there without too much hassle!

by JCB82  

Re: Transport to Kamishikimi Kumanoimasu Shrine 2017/3/13 17:21
You need to drive. The train services do not run due to earthquake damage.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transport to Kamishikimi Kumanoimasu Shrine 2017/3/13 18:30
Ah nuts. I don't think I'll hire a car. I'm going by myself and dont want to risk getting lost etc.
I'm going in November so maybe the rail line will open by then, other wise it looks like the two hour bus ride.
by JCB82 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread