Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should i spend the night in Haneda or Narita? 2017/3/14 16:13
My flight to Calgary has a 21hour layover in Japan. I'll be reaching Haneda (from Singapore) at 7:10pm and my next flight is at 4:25pm the following day from Narita airport.

I initially intend to find a place to stay in Haneda overnight then take the bus to Narita the following day. I want to maximize the next day by touring around nearby places. Should i stay longer in Haneda or find accommodation in Narita instead?

Your tips are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance
by purplejhen (guest)  

Re: Should i spend the night in Haneda or Narita? 2017/3/14 17:08
I want to maximize the next day by touring around nearby places.

Narita is a bit limited in terms of tourist sites, mostly just the nearby Naritasan Temple. If you want to explore around Narita, then sure staying the night in Narita is good.

If you stay the night in Haneda and doesn`t have that many luggage, you could go touring Tokyo on the way to Narita the next day.

Notes:
- Bus between Haneda-Narita takes on average 2 hours and cost 3100yen
- By train Haneda is closer to central Tokyo whereas Narita is further east
Haneda to Tokyo Station approx.35min
Narita to Tokyo Station approx.1 hour
by DQ28 rate this post as useful

Re: Should i spend the night in Haneda or Narita? 2017/3/14 17:34
Whewww!! Your reply is very informative, thanks a lot ! Hmm, I guess I will stay in Haneda and see where my itchy feet can bring me before heading to Narita.

Thanks once again!! This is a very helpful forum :)

Cheers !!
by purplejhen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should i spend the night in Haneda or Narita? 2017/3/14 17:37
Arriving at Haneda around 7:10pm allows time to come into the city, check-in to a hotel, have a dinner, and perhaps stroll around until you retire for the night.

Decide where you want to explore the next day, and plan out the trip from there to Narita. If you have lots of luggage, find a coin-operated locker along the way where it can be easily retrieved on the way to Narita.
by Saburo T. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should i spend the night in Haneda or Narita? 2017/3/14 18:17
Hi Saburo T.,

I would probably follow your recommendation to check in and drop my luggage in the hotel and do some night stroll after a hearty dinner.

May I ask please ... would be easier to go Yokohama or Tokyo city around 9pm? I would probably stay out until 11pm or so.

I have luggage with me so I will consider the coin-operated locker when I check out the next day.

Thank you!

Re: Should i spend the night in Haneda or Narita? 2017/3/14 18:23
What Saburo said. Staying in Haneda will limit what you can do that night, plus puts you further from the action the next day. Stay somewhere in central Tokyo instead. If your hotel is conveniently located for getting to Narita, the front desk can hold your luggage while you tool around Tokyo before you need to head to Narita.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: Should i spend the night in Haneda or Narita? 2017/3/14 19:09
Don't stay in Haneda itself. I would recommend getting a hotel around Shinagawa station, which is conveniently located from Haneda airport and central enough. Or maybe a hotel around JR Yurakucho, that would be in the Ginza area. Or maybe stay over in Asakusa or Ueno area, if that is an area that interests you.

Please look at the Tokyo guide on this website we are on, and see where in Tokyo (which is a big place) you want to check out, and get a feel for the areas :)
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should i spend the night in Haneda or Narita? 2017/3/14 19:13
I would stay somewhere closer into Tokyo as suggested above. But the time you take your travel times, sleep, customs/immigration and the check in time out of your 21 hours. You probably have about 8 hours left. So pick one location you really like and stay there.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Should i spend the night in Haneda or Narita? 2017/3/14 19:39
It would be wise to do some research beforehand to know what you want to do/see; figuring it out when you are there is harder than you think.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Should i spend the night in Haneda or Narita? 2017/3/14 21:13
My personal recommendation will be getting a hotel in ueno, you can get plenty to eat there (24hrs), may be last minutes to get some gifts, and when you are ready, get the Keisei Skyliner to narita, it only takes 41 minutes from ueno.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Should i spend the night in Haneda or Narita? 2017/3/26 18:14
I appreciate all your response!! Thank you very much!

I would most likely find an accommodation in Ueno area then since it was mentioned that shops are 24/7.

Cheers and God bless to all :)

reply to this thread