Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ryusendo Cave 2017/3/19 01:00
hi :)
i come for 2 nights to marioka in april,
i think of going to see the Ryusendo Cave .
it will have the jr pass.
however -it is more then 2 hours away(by bus), i hesitate if it is a waste of time or the cave is very very beutiful and worse the time wasted on driving.

what do you think?

thanks
by noga mudrik  

Re: Ryusendo Cave 2017/3/19 07:04
Not sure whether you are aware of it, but the JR bus between Morioka and Ryusendo is covered by the Japan Rail Pass (it is not covered by other JR passes):
http://www.jrbustohoku.co.jp/route/detail/?RID=9#01

If you have an interest in caves, I think it can be worth it. It is one of Japan's nicer caves. Unfortunately, there isn't too much else to see in the immediate proximity of the cave. The scenery along the way is quite nice.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Ryusendo Cave 2017/3/19 07:23
thank you! yes, i noticed, but for some reasons i will have the regular pass so that will be ok.
is there something special about this cave? or a day to lake tazawa is more recomended?
by noga mudrik rate this post as useful

Re: Ryusendo Cave 2017/3/19 07:55
is there something special about this cave?

This page provides an introduction to the cave:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5028.html

or a day to lake tazawa is more recomended?

It depends on your personal interests. I personally never found Lake Tazawa too interesting. I recommend to read about both places and then make a decision on which one appears more interesting to you personally.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Ryusendo Cave 2017/3/20 06:28
an hard choice ! however thank you :)
by noga mudrik rate this post as useful

Re: Ryusendo Cave 2017/4/16 02:06
I'd definitely say Ryuusendou in a heartbeat, though I must admit I'm biased - it just reopened for business after it suffered quite a bit of damage in the typhoon that struck Iwate last August, so it (and Iwaizumi, where it's located) could certainly use a little more help in getting back on its feet. That aside, I've been there, and it really is quite pretty inside, although be prepared to spend an entire day getting to and back from Ryuusendou if you do decide to go there. The same could probably be said about Tazawa-ko though, although you do have Kakunodate nearby should you want to explore other tourist sites.
If I'm not wrong there're only four buses a day that head to Ryuusendou from Morioka, so you might want to plan your timetable for that day a little more carefully.
by sasurai (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread