Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which Pass to buy in Japan 2017/3/22 09:10
Hello Experts,

I am planning to visit Tokyo and Kyoto for 5 days only. My itinerary is as following :

19 April: Arrive Osaka in evening time
20 April: Full day in Kyoto.
21 April: Take morning Shinkansen to Tokyo then remaining day for Ginza, Shinjuku, Odaiba, if possible some museum etc
22 April: Day trip to Mount Fuji (Five lakes)
23 April: Local Tokyo tourist places (Sky Tree, Temples, Aquarium etc).
24 April: Disney Sea
25 April: Morning flight from Haneda Airport

I finalized my stay at Imperial Hotel in Osaka and Villa Fontaine Shiodome in Tokyo.

I yet to final the itinerary for local sightseeing but it will be local only not a day trip kind.

My question is based on my itinerary buying which kind of pass will help me ? I know JR pass will not be fruitful for me.

Thank you.
by Mick1508  

Re: Which Pass to buy in Japan 2017/3/24 15:49
anyone ?
by Mick1508 rate this post as useful

Re: Which Pass to buy in Japan 2017/3/24 17:16
One day passes will only be fruitful. Without knowing where you will travel on your days. Only you can work out which one day passes work best or not.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which Pass to buy in Japan 2017/3/24 18:29
I agree day passes are going to give you the best value.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

Re: Which Pass to buy in Japan 2017/3/27 09:09
Thanks all.

For Kyoto area, I am going with "Kyoto All-day Pass". Per description, this includes rides on all subways and Buses for Kyoto area.

For Fuji, I'll take the local bus pass for five lakes area.

For local sightseeing I think better to buy just tickets (no pass will be fruitful).
by Mick1508 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread