Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shirakawa-go Gassho style 2017/3/29 01:59
Hello friends,

Ifm from Argentina and Ifll go to S-go on next February.

I need a reservation for a Gassho style house for one night (feb 12th), but I have this problem:

Ifve sent an email to Japanese Guest Houses and the answer was:

gSorry but for any Saturday, Sunday or Monday in January or February in Shirakawa-go; we cannot make reservations. Ryokans keep rooms for their repeater customers or relatives.h
gI suggest you to contact the Shirakawa-go Information center: 0081-576-96-1013. You can also email them at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxh (I've wrote and I'm waiting for a response...)

Questionsc

That is really truth? There is no way to stay in S-go in February?

There exists any other kind/style of accommodation in S-go? (not Gassho style)

How much time in advance do I need to get accommodation for February?

Best,
Ariel
by ArielMouls  

Re: Shirakawa-go Gassho style 2017/3/29 16:48
The answer says you can't stay on Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Not all February. At least that's how I understand it.
by it says... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go Gassho style 2017/3/29 17:43
"Ryokans keep rooms for their repeater customers or relatives.h I'd be surprised if that were true; probably more like they don't want to make any rooms available through JapaneseGuestHouses because they don't want the kind of crowd that books through it. Go through a legit booking site like Rakuten.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go Gassho style 2017/3/29 22:03
Thank you both for your answers.

it says: Yes, I undestund. But move the day in S-go to another day (as tuesday) means applying important changes on my itinerary. If I can avoid having to change day, better.

Firas: yes. Last night I've received an answer from Shirakawago Information Office and it was different:

"The accommodations they accept booking from us 4 months in advance because we are public service, could you sent us again the period of time then we will ask accommodations if they have available room.
Or you may find the room with online agency such as booking.com for more sooner reservations. When you sent us next time, please provide us your information below (...)"

They were more hopeful. I'll wait a few more months to try a reservation again.

Thanks!
by ArielMouls rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go Gassho style 2017/3/29 23:13
"The kind of people who book through japaneseguesthouses"???

What kind of people are these? (Serious question)
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go Gassho style 2017/3/30 08:29
Winter: I agree, I think Firas might have been hitting the sake a lil hard. Very strange and a rude thing to say. Besides, Japanese Guest Houses IS legit - booked many time for Shirakawago and they are top notch! :D
by AussieRonnie rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go Gassho style 2017/3/30 21:50
Hi all,

Thanks for the answers.

Ifll wait until august/September to try again via Booking.com and/or Shirakawago Information Office.
If I can not get accommodation, Ifll go to S-go early morning, and in the evening I'll go to sleep in Kanazawa.

Best,
Ariel
by ArielMouls rate this post as useful

reply to this thread