Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ask solutions for payment rakuten card 2017/3/29 20:06
Hi, i just buy something and i wanna split pr installment my payment.
But i just realized i buy something more that my installment limit.
Is there any way to split my payment cuz I can't afford if i need to pay once time

Thx
by Arasi (guest)  

Re: Ask solutions for payment rakuten card 2017/3/30 11:53
Contact Rakuten via their website to see if they can increase the number of installments or the amount limit per installment? Be sure to do that before the date of drawdown/deduction from your account.
by ........ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ask solutions for payment rakuten card 2017/3/30 15:28
I think you can set up revolving payment by their website.
be careful. Rakuten isn't friendly to customers.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ask solutions for payment rakuten card 2017/3/31 07:43
I already try both of them,
But it's doesn't work.
My revo/installment amount around 80K
And i spent 170k (buy laptop)

Did anyone have same issue?
by Arasi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ask solutions for payment rakuten card 2017/3/31 15:50
what amount of your total credit which they give you ?
I think you can't buy more than that amount.
for example,
the total credit amount you can use is 200000 yen.
you can buy the item of 170000 yen.
they will charge 80000 yen in the first payment, if you set up 80000 yen revolving.
(if your total credit is 100000 yen, you can't buy 170000 yen item.)

Re: Ask solutions for payment rakuten card 2017/4/3 11:49
My credit limit is 300K
And i already use aroin 60K
So i still have 240K

And i buy laptop 170K

My revo/installment limit is 80K

And that the thing i didn't know about revo/installment have a limit...
I though revo/installment have a same limit with the credit...

Re: Ask solutions for payment rakuten card 2017/4/3 12:44
Are you talking about installments (like two installments), or revolving the balance (paying something like 20,000 yen payment per month, for example, of course with revolving interest) over a longer period?

I was checking my Rakuten Card account, and you should be able to specify the amount you pay per month?

Oh, are you saying that you need to pay 60,000 yen (used already, to be deducted from your account this month), AND the additional portion from part of the 170,000 yen? And that the total is limited to 80,000 yen?

Then you might need to revolve the TOTAL balance, meaning 60,000 yen plus 170,000 yen, into monthly amounts like 20,000 yen or something. But there is a cut-off date for the application to revolve (you need to specify revolving by the 10th of the payment month to have the revolving payment plan applied from that month, meaning, in my case I need to put in the request to revolve the balance by April 10th to start revolving the amount from April 27th.

Re: Ask solutions for payment rakuten card 2017/4/3 17:11
My credit limit is 300K
And i already use aroin 60K
So i still have 240K

And i buy laptop 170K

My revo/installment limit is 80K

And that the thing i didn't know about revo/installment have a limit...
I though revo/installment have a same limit with the credit...

Re: Ask solutions for payment rakuten card 2017/4/3 17:41
Yup I understand about that....
But the things is....
They have limit amount for revo/installment...
I already try ti revo/installment for my laptop (170k)...always failed becausd that limit,

If i revo/installment something under 80K its working...
But over that amount (80K) it didn't work
Even thoughi still have credit around 60K if i wanna used it

What happen if when deduction time (27th)
The balance in my debit is insufficient?

Re: Ask solutions for payment rakuten card 2017/4/3 18:38
I don't have Rakuten card and I have never use the revolving.
but, it works like this.
your total credit payment limit : 300000 yen
your total revolving payment limit : 80000 yen
what you already bought : 60000 yen + 170000 yen = 230000 yen

you can set 80000 yen to revolving payment (and, for example, 10000 yen payment per month).
(230000 - 80000 yen) = 150000 yen : you have to pay that amount at one time in April.
if you set revolving payment per month as 10000 yen, your total payment is 160000 yen.
(the sum of your one time payment and the first revolving payment)
https://support.rakuten-card.jp/faq/show/7162?back=front%2Fcategory%3Ashow&category_id=42&site_domain=guest&sort=sort_access
you have to call their information office to change the revolving limit.

by the way, for my case, my cards (another companies) show that total credit limit and revolving limit are the same.
it seems that your card limit is practically about 80000 yen and 300000 yen is an exaggerated amount.
highly possible, because it is Rakuten.

Re: Ask solutions for payment rakuten card 2017/4/3 18:41
Can you not revolve the 170K into revolving of 20K per month over 9 times, or something like that? That is what "revolving" is for.

Or are you saying that the maximum "sum" amount you can revolve is 80K to begin with, so that you cannot make a big purchase over 80K yen and revolve? So that the total of 170K has to be paid off in one go? (I thought revolving was there to make it easier for people to make big purchases...)

If you don't have sufficient balance in your bank account on the 27th, Rakuten Card company will not be ble to deduct it, and you will end up with a bad credit score.

Re: Ask solutions for payment rakuten card 2017/4/3 19:01
Apparently my "credit limit," "revolving/installment limit," and "revolve/install post-purchase limit" are all the same amount, which in your case is not, for some reason :(

Anything that goes beyond that amount will be deducted in one go, they say. So if you make a purchase of 200,000 and pay it off in one go, that is fine, but they don't want you to revolve that amount :(
by ......... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ask solutions for payment rakuten card 2017/4/3 19:40
"Or are you saying that the maximum "sum" amount you can revolve is 80K to begin with, so that you cannot make a big purchase over 80K yen and revolve? So that the total of 170K has to be paid off in one go?"

Yup that's what i meant...

Besidevthe bad record....is there any penalty?
Like interest?
Or they will automatically deduct when balance is insufficient...

Example:
27th april my balance 150k
1st May my balance 300K

Is there any possibility they will cut off at 2nd May?

Re: Ask solutions for payment rakuten card 2017/4/3 20:12
I am checking the Rakuten Card page for FQA.

If you don't have sufficient funds on the 27th, and they are unable to deduct the full amount, depending on the bank you've registered for deduction, they will make either one more or a few more attempts to automatically deduct for several days after the initial deduction date (27th).

If your bank is not listed here to the left, or if your bank balance is not sufficient during those several days, you'd need to remit the amount by bank remittance.

https://support.rakuten-card.jp/faq/show/3?site_domain=guest

For the bank account to make the remittance to, you can go to Rakuten e-NAVI and log in to check (when your fund is not sufficient, apparently this blue message bar at the top will appear (halfway down the page I linked) and you click on it to get the details.

They will be fine as long as you make the full payment soon.
by ......... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread