Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Halal/Muslim Friendly Food in Edo Wonderland 2017/4/12 14:04
Dear all,

Please kindly inform me, how can I find halal/muslim friendly food in/around Edo Wonderland?
If we bring our own lunch, is it possible to eat it in Edo Wonderland?

Thanx before! :)
by Nia_ati (guest)  

Re: Halal/Muslim Friendly Food in Edo Wonderland 2017/4/12 17:27
Searching online unfortunately, like most theme parks here, bringing bento/own lunch is prohibited. I found that Disneyland and USJ has special designated picnic areas outside where you can eat them, but you are not allowed to eat them inside the park. No such area for Nikko Edo Wonderland.

Searching about the restaurants inside the park also did not turn up any halal menu.

I`ve e-mailed the Park just now as I`m curious what kind of method theme parks have for such a situation, which I assume is going to occur quite a lot nowadays.
by DQ28 rate this post as useful

Re: Halal/Muslim Friendly Food in Edo Wonderland 2017/4/12 19:13
Thank you very much for your kind help, DQ28.
Looking forward to any news from the park... :D

We did bring our own lunch during our visit to DisneySea 2 years ago. We were so glad to be able to eat it at the outside picnic areas not far from the entrance gate.

by Nia_ati (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Halal/Muslim Friendly Food in Edo Wonderland 2017/4/13 14:43
Good news, Edo Wonderland Park replied just now, containing the following:
1. No halal menu provided inside
2. Bringing food and beverages from outside is prohibited
3. However, in cases of religious restrictions or allergy, bringing food from outside is allowed. It seems there are tables along the canals/waterways inside that you can use to eat.
4. In case of number 3 (above), no need to notify the park beforehand or even notify the staffs on the ground when you visit.

They did mention that, in case staff or other people ask, tell them that you have received permission. Below is their reply, maybe it`s better to show the this message if you get asked.

お問い合わせありがとうございます。

大変、申し訳ございませんが、施設内の飲食店で
ハラルメニューを提供しているお店がありません。
お弁当の持ち込みは禁止しておりますが、
アレルギーや宗教等の場合に限って、
お弁当の持ち込みを許可しております。

施設内の掘割沿いにテーブルがありますので、
お弁当をお召し上がりになる際は、そちらをご利用ください。

ご来村を心よりお待ちしております。
by DQ28 rate this post as useful

Re: Halal/Muslim Friendly Food in Edo Wonderland 2017/4/13 14:58
Dear DQ28,

Your help is highly appreciated!! thank you very much!
So glad to hear that we will enjoy Edo Wonderland with no worries about food..... :)

Re: Halal/Muslim Friendly Food in Edo Wonderland 2017/4/13 17:02
or you can fast . kind of early ramadan
just kidding. enjoy the ride
by frenchdude (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Halal/Muslim Friendly Food in Edo Wonderland 2017/4/13 17:40
@frenchdude..... what a nice idea to go there during Ramadhan..... hahaha

reply to this thread