Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nagaoka fireworks 2017 2017/4/25 00:08
Hi,

I like to ask about the Nagaoka fireworks. I tried reading from the website and it stated that the event starts from 1 Aug till 3 Aug. however, it seems that the actual fireworks is only on 2 - 3 Aug? I tried getting accommodation on 2nd and 3rd but hotels seem to be booked out. As such, would like to check if anyone could advise on the event on 1st Aug. I can't really read the information on the website as it is in Japanese. http://nagaokamatsuri.com/omoi.html. Thanks in advance.
by Shuling (guest)  

Re: Nagaoka fireworks 2017 2017/4/25 10:35
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagaoka fireworks 2017 2017/4/26 07:49
Thanks, I did see this link but they indicated some event on 1 Aug itself, which was why I was wondering if there is fireworks on 1 Aug. But I guess most likely no since they indicated the fireworks to be on 2 and 3 Aug. Thanks!
by Shuling (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagaoka fireworks 2017 2017/4/26 20:27
You are correct, the Japanese site says that there is a festival on the 1st, and fireworks are on the 2nd and 3rd.

However, it does also say that there will be 3 pure white fireworks launched on the 1st at 10:30pm (along with the ringing of temple bells,) to honor the spirits of the dead who perished during the Nagaoka bombing which commenced exactly 72 years ago. So technically there will be some fireworks on the 1st, but it will be very limited and of course solemn rather than festive.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: Nagaoka fireworks 2017 2017/4/26 23:33
Thanks gfoulk! Looks like I will have to give the fireworks a miss since I can't get any hotel at nagaoka.

Re: Nagaoka fireworks 2017 2017/4/26 23:50

I will have to give the fireworks a miss since I can't get any hotel at nagaoka.
You may want to consider hotel in Niigata.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagaoka fireworks 2017 2017/4/27 08:17
Hi, i thought of staying at Niigata since there are hotels available at reasonable rates. However, I'm not sure if I could catch the last train as the last shinkansan is at 11:30pm and the event ends at 10pm. I read that it takes very long to get to the train station due to the crowd. Also, I'm not sure if I will need to reserve seats as I will only reach Japan on 31 Jul. I'm not sure if anyone has any experience to share with me?

Re: Nagaoka fireworks 2017 2017/4/30 02:08
I was hoping to attend as well but am not sure if it is possible to get tickets from outside japan for a booked seat.
by Jasmine (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagaoka fireworks 2017 2017/4/30 09:43
Hi Jasmine,

I read that it is not a must to be within the ticketed area. The area is pretty unblocked so it should be pretty ok to catch it. Otherwise, you can try for the tickets thru ballot in May.

Re: Nagaoka fireworks 2017 2017/4/30 11:33
Bro! I'm also looking for The hotel for this Masturi on 2nd and 3rd August too. But it book out the whole city.
I think we have to stay in The hotel near Nagaoka. We have to catch the last JR train from Nagaoka Station to Niigata station after the firework End (Around 22:00) Anyway, I'm going to visit Japan during that time. We can share more info by facebook or email : Reach me there at Singingneophema@gmail.com :)
by William Exotique (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagaoka fireworks 2017 2017/5/2 23:37
Hi William,

The last train to Niigata is about 2330hrs via Shinkansen. I read that the crowd will be quite bad, so, may have to make the trip to station earlier to be on the safe side.

Re: Nagaoka fireworks 2017 2017/5/3 16:32
There are some youth hostels around which are accessible by bus but I don't know how late buses will run until. So if you are ok with sleeping in a bunk bed, that's one option.
by Jasmine (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagaoka fireworks 2017 2017/5/29 22:18
Thanks Jasmine. I booked hotel in Niigata and will take Shinkansen to Nagaoka. About 23mins. Probably just have to make sure that I don't go too far from the station and yet am able to find a spot to take photos! I'm crazy on taking fireworks photos.

reply to this thread