Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai/ Nara/Kyoto/ Osaka/ Kansai 2017/5/1 16:06
Greeting!
Is it advisable to get a JR pass for our stay.
There are 4 of us, my mum is 80 plus and no wheel chair needed.

Our itinerary as below:
Day 1: from Kansai airport to Nara and to then to Kyoto/ Gojo Station.
Day 2: from Gojo station to Arashiyama Bamboo grove/ Togetsukyo Bridge, Nishiki Market then back to hotel stay near Gojo station.
Day 3: from Gojo station to Kyoto Tower, Fushimi-Inari Taisha Shrine, Gion then back to hotel stay near Gojo station
Day 4: from Gojo station to Osaka, Namba station
Day 5: from Namba station to Kansai airport. We will be taking the bus to airport.

Feel free to comment on our itinerary. Thank you in advance.

by Wai Lin  

Re: Kansai/ Nara/Kyoto/ Osaka/ Kansai 2017/5/1 18:21
No. Look at the regional passes instead.

BTW, Kansai is the prefecture. It is not a place. KIX is the airport.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai/ Nara/Kyoto/ Osaka/ Kansai 2017/5/1 18:22
Region. Not prefecture. I mistype

Re: Kansai/ Nara/Kyoto/ Osaka/ Kansai 2017/5/2 20:45
Thank you for the comment. Afraid I do not understand what you advice.
by Wai Lin rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai/ Nara/Kyoto/ Osaka/ Kansai 2017/5/2 21:23

Re: Kansai/ Nara/Kyoto/ Osaka/ Kansai 2017/5/2 21:37
Afraid I do not understand what you advice.

Since you wrote in your first post ga JR passh, . (guest) might thinkt it should be gJapan Rail Passh.

http://www.japanrailpass.net/en/about_jrp.html

As you see, the cheapest 7-day version is 29,110 yen which will not pay off for your itinerary which has no long-distance travel such as Osaka to Tokyo (and back).

There are some regional passes such as Kansai Area pass issued by JR west.

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/kansai/

However with your itinerary, even Kansai Area Pass might not pay off. I would buy Icoca and Haruka ticket.

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/icoca-haruka/

Day 1: from Kansai airport to Nara and to then to Kyoto/ Gojo Station.?

Buy Icoca and Haruka for Nara, 3,400 yen. Go to Tennoji by Haruka limited express (non-reserved seat) and then transfer to JR-Yamatoji line to Nara. Your Haruka part of Icoca and Haruka will take you to Nara (JR). There are two ways to get to Nara, JR or Kintetsu. JR starts from Tennoji while Kintetsu departs from Namba. Kintetsu Nara station is somewhat closer to the main tourist destinations in Nara, however, JR Nara is more convenient to store your luggage, catch bus or taxi. Leave your luggage at JR Nara if it is rather heavy. Of course you can minimize your belongings and carry them with you. After Nara take Kintetsu or JR to Kyoto. If you take Kintetsu, some trains will take you directly (with no transfer) to Gojo metro station.

Day 2: from Gojo station to Arashiyama Bamboo grove/ Togetsukyo Bridge, Nishiki Market then back to hotel stay near Gojo station.?

You can add Kinkakuji on this day, after Arashiyama.

Day 3: from Gojo station to Kyoto Tower, Fushimi-Inari Taisha Shrine, Gion then back to hotel stay near Gojo station?

This day should be for Higashiyama district. There are Kiyomizudera, Kodaiji, Nanzenji etc in this region.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread