Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Viewing Aoi Matsuri from street? 2017/5/2 04:58
I have tried a few times, with no luck, to buy two tickets online for Aoi Matsuri for the Palace Grounds for May 15 in Kyoto. I am somewhat familiar with the route but am unfamiliar which part of the route will give me the best vantage point. If anyone can give me some insight into this it will be appreciated.
Thanks, Frank
by FrankNJ  

Re: Viewing Aoi Matsuri from street? 2017/5/2 08:07
I personally recommend the grounds of the Imperial Palace Park (but you have to go early to get a front-row spot) and the wooded grounds of the Shimogamo Shrine.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Viewing Aoi Matsuri from street? 2017/5/2 19:20
I saw it from Marutamachidori last year, as the parade left Kyoto Park. It was really crowded, and if I had another chance I would go early and get a place in the beautiful Shimogamo forest, Tadasu no mori. I visited here the very next day and was really sorry I hadnt known what a beautiful forest it is. There is a long wide path through the forest that i think is followed by the procession. It is a fabulous costume display, really wonderful.
by Sally (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread